👻Halloween Special👻

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys! Happy Halloween to all! Good luck to all those trick or treaters and I hope you get a good haul! I thought I'd start you off today with a good ol spook before night falls, so please enjoy!

Key: Y/N=Your Name S/H/N=Super Hero Name

Your POV:

"Where the hell are we?"

"The middle of nowhere, Y/N" The red headed speedster chimes in from the backseat behind me.

"Be more enthusiastic, it's a rare occasion where we can go on a team outing together out of mission circumstances when we are all available" The tanned atlantean adds positively.

"The junior members didn't even come." Artemis snorts, "Looks like I'm stuck with you losers on a lame road trip through the country."

"Babe, I'm not a loser!"

"Sure, Baywatch"

"Could you all shut up! I'm trying to drive and navigate at the same time and your bickering isn't helping" The driver rages.

"Sorry, Dick" We chant, the alien couple remaining silent at the back of the car.

"..."

"Are we there yet?"

We all groan in synchronisation.

"I swear to god I will feed you to that Jack-o-lantern!" We all double take and screech to a sudden halt.

The car has stopped right before running directly into a giant pumpkin head on a stick, a not so welcoming start to our little team holiday.

"What a...warm welcome" Artemis murmurs.

"What is that?!" M'gann shouts in terror, Superbly preparing to jump out of the car and smash it to bits.

"Woah woah, chill! It's a human custom" I explain.

"Oh yeah! It's Halloween!" Wally remembers.

Everyone in the car has to refrain from slapping their foreheads numerous times at his stupidity.

"Wally, babe, do you remember the reason why we came all the way out here? To spend time together on Halloween and scare each other shitless with spooky stories" Artemis emphasises with great patience which I have never seen her behold before. God, I applaud that girl.

"You humans have extremely strange customs" The two aliens deadpan.

"You get used to them"

We promptly reverse backwards and prepare to turn around before the cars stops again.

"Hold on, I think this is it" Dick examines the building before us.

"No freaking way" Our jaws drop at the sight of our...motel.

The entire structure itself is worn and falling apart like some run down and eerily abandoned building. White paint peels off the walls and vines grow all over. If not for the sound of the wind blowing through the tall grass surrounding the building, the distant screaming sound emitting from it wouldn't be so bad. Something about this place just seems unusually...unsettling, and I know I'm not the only one feeling the same.

"Well, this is definitely it" Dick confirms, holding up his phone with he GPS saying we've arrived at our destination and the picture matching almost perfectly. An exaggerated almost.

"Are you saying that Batman, a part of the Justice League who owns a manor, a bat mobile and various other useless expensive items, doesn't even have enough money for accommodation in a decent hotel? Not even a hotel, a motel!" Wally exclaims in disbelief.