Blue Beetle X Reader

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys! Welcome back to yet another glorious chapter, this time with good old buddy blue! I hope you're all ready for a chapter full of da fluffiness! (Who's really just Blue Beetle if that last bit made no complete sense😊)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Key: Y/N=Your Name F/C= Favourite Colour

Your POV:

Bursting through my front door, the fresh breeze of summer hits my face, along with the sickeningly sweet scent of flowers. 

The perfect day for an outing with my amazing boyfriend.

I skipped happily across the pavement, my black converse scraping against the rough concrete. When I reach the corner of the street, I stop and wait for Jaime to arrive at the designated meeting spot. I begin pulling at my denim shorts, deciding if they are an appropriate length, also wondering if I should've brought a cardigan to go with my F/C, short sleeved t-shirt.

Although I reassured myself that it's normal to be nervous about your appearance right before a date. 

"Hey" A voice greets from my side. 

I turn to see Jaime in a simple black t-shirt and some short, olive coloured pants. I smile brightly as he gives me a quick hug and a peck on the cheek, which I immediately return. Then he rests his arm around my shoulder and begins to lead me in the direction of the local park. 

For about ten minutes we strolled silently through the park, admiring the other couples, although I secretly admire Jaime from the side. 

"What are you staring at?" I hear Jaime ask.

Well, not so secretly.

"Um, uh...nothing" I stutter, while blushing madly and failing miserably trying to hide it in Jaime's side. 

He just chuckles at my cuteness, while I recover from my rosy cheeks. That's when I notice the ice-cream truck over the road, and I immediately react by running straight towards it while pulling Jaime along. 

Two scoops of ice-cream later, we're sitting on a park bench enjoying the beautiful sunshine. Everything is so perfect, I almost thought nothing could ruin it. 

Although, I always jinx myself.

Loud giggling was heard nearby, which brought my attention to a group of friends engaged in their own conversation. Who also happened to be Jaime and I's, group of friends who we tell everything to, except our relationship. I immediately froze in shock, hoping not to be spotted, when I felt Jaime do the same next to me.

We both looked at each other through eye contact, without even moving our heads. Then they so very conveniently stopped directly in front of us, still engaged in their conversation, but we were petrified that they would notice us soon enough. 

Then one of them looked over at our stiff figures alone together on a park bench, but before they could recognise us, I boldly made a move.

I grabbed Jaime's shoulders and pulled him in for a forced, but loving kiss. Taking a quick peek, I saw our friends moving along, still chatting happily amongst themselves like they didn't see anything. 

When the coast was clear, I let go of Jaime and let out a sigh of relief, before my face morphed into one of sadness seeing that I dropped my ice-cream in the rush of the moment. 

I didn't even notice Jaime still frozen solid from both the encounter with our friends, and the part where I kissed him so suddenly without warning. Only when I begin dragging him somewhere else, did he finally snap out of it.

After an hour of wandering aimlessly, we found ourselves on the beach, enjoying yet another scoop of ice-cream. Yes, Jaime was paying slight attention to my unhappy face when I realised I dropped my ice-cream, so being the wonderful boyfriend he is, he bought me another.

So again, we're happily licking away at our ice-cream, enjoying each others company and the beautiful view of the ocean. It was so nice, I leaned on Jaime's shoulder and hummed happily, nothing could ruin this perfect moment.

Cue the loud laughter and chattering.

We both immediately tensed, watching the exact same group of friends we encountered just half an hour ago, stroll idly by us. 

This time, I wrapped my arms around Jaime and buried my face into his chest and holding onto him for dear life. Then I took a sneaky peek and found that they were nowhere in sight. I let out a breath again and released Jaime from my death grip, wondering where my ice-cream went this time.

'Jaime Reyes, there is a wet, sticky substance running down your back' Scarab drones.

Whoops.

"There's what?!" Jaime shouts, snapping out of his daze again.

I walk behind him and notice what's left of my ice-cream, sliding down Jaime's back.

"Hehehehe..." I laugh awkwardly, scratching my hair nervously.

Before he can scold me for it, a loud 'ping' is heard from both of our pockets.

We take out our phones, and investigate. That's when I notice two new photos have been posted on the group chat with our friends, both of which are of us kissing and me with my face in Jaime's chest. 

"Oh well it was bound to happen sometime" Jaime said, putting away his phone.

"Yep, totally" I replied and slowly began creeping away from him.

Jaime saw me shuffling slowly away from him and then a devious smirk made its way onto his face.

"Don't think you can escape that easily!" He said chasing after me, as I began running.

After smearing ice-cream on his shirt and kissing him without giving him the chance to kiss back, I'm in for some serious punishment.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed this one. I came across this idea when I was thinking about what it would be like to have a boyfriend myself, so I thought it would make an adorable yet fluffy chapter.

 So this chapter is dedicated to all those girls who either envy this kind of love and badly desire it (like me ☺️) and to all those lovebirds who have a relationship as precious as this chapter, you lucky little ducklings. 

Who needs a real boyfriend when you got the whole male cast of YJ to keep you satisfied😏

Anyway, so long fellow fangirls/fanboys! Until next time!

XXX