⭐️New Year Special⭐️

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys! I know what you're thinking...author you're a dummy for doing a New Years special when New Years was a week ago. Well, I made you guys a promise and I'm not letting you down! So, I shall uphold my promise and present you with a late New Years surprise!

This is a follow on from the Christmas Special by the way.

Enjoy!

Key: Y/N=Your Name E/C=Eye Colour F/S=Favourite Song

Your POV:

After a long week of clean up from Christmas, it was back to work with all the usual missions, some more severe due to the festive season and people going a little too overboard with late night celebrations.

Otherwise, everyone at the cave is super pumped for New Years celebration. Down goes the green and red tinsel and replaced with gold and silver, along with tonnes of cool flashing lights for the entire cave. Can't have all the Christmas stuff go just yet, so we decide to keep the tree up, but to my dismay, the mistletoe was put back into its box for this year. Say goodbye to my precious ships.

Although, with my creative mind, I'm sure to come up with some amazing pranks to lure them together, with the help of Robin in some instances.

Current time: 6pm

"Let's get this party started!" KF shouts at the top of his lungs, switching on the colourful lights that line the entire inside of the cave.

Awing at the sight of all the different flashing lights, I grin widely and rush to the kitchen to help out Miss Martian. Stumbling into the kitchen, I can see that Miss M has been cooking up a storm, ever since she started this afternoon she has been cooking non stop and refusing any assistance. She truly is a Super Martian with a heart of gold. (See what I did there😉 To be honest it was unintentional).

"M'gann, I know you said you didn't want any help, but please let me at least serve all the food you've made, it's the least I can do" I offer sincerely.

"You know what? That would be great! Thank you so much Y/N!" She spares me a quick glance as she stirs her third batch of cookie dough.

You can never be sure how many cookies you may need, especially when Wally is at the party.

For the sake of Wally, M'gann has gone to the trouble of making double everything. Picking up some plates of food, I balance a plate of salsa, guacamole and nacho chips in one hand and two bowls of chips on my inner bent elbows. Carefully strutting out into the living room where everyone is gathered and chattering away cheerily, I place the food servings on the big table by the couch.

Doing another round, I bring out another two bowls or chip assortments and one giant fruit salad. Dashing back to the kitchen, I pass Artemis in the hall and she catches sight of my hurried pace and stops me in my tracks.

"Why the rush, its New Year, chill!" Artemis tries to lighten me up.

"I know, I know!" I beam a huge smile.

"Oh! Could you do me a huge favour and hand around some of the food plates?" I beg her, pouting my lips out to encourage her.

"Sure, keep up the good work soldier" She smirks and salutes me, stalking past me to begin her task.

"Yes ma'm" I grin and begin bringing out more plates of food to my friends, laughing and briefly conversing before going in for another round of food.

"Oh, Zatanna!" I call, balancing three plates full of different types and coloured drinks.

Turning my way, her eyes widen as she sprints over to my struggling being to help. Taking two trays from my hands, she flashes me a smile and I return an apologetic yet tired one.