Blue Beetle X Reader

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys! We're back with a Blue Beetle chapter requested by @Vanityus. Sorry it has taken a while to update, end of term equals tests to study for and assignments to get cracking on. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. Thoughts are in italics, and scarab's comments are in bold italics.

Key: Y/N= Your Name F/N= Friend's Name

Your POV:

The bell rings loudly outside, signalling the beginning of lunch. I quickly pack up my stuff and head to lunch. Then I spotted my group of friends sitting around a table and stalk over to join them.

"Hey guys" I greet as I sit down in a vacant spot.

"Hey Y/N" Jaime responds.

I smile at him, thankful that he is the only person in the group to actually greet me instead of being too involved in their own things.

"Y/N I was wondering, you wouldn't mind if I study with you at your house, would you?" Jaime asks hesitantly.

"Sure no problem, what time?" I reply.

"How about 4:00 pm?"

"Sounds good" I agree.

Suddenly a harsh jab resonates in my ribcage and I yelp a little, looking to where it came from. I see F/N looking at me funnily with a mischievous smile and winks at me.

"So its a study date then?" F/N says.

Slightly blushing, I notice Jaime doing the same and looking away awkwardly.

Time Skip

Once school ends I head straight home and tidy up my house as best I can for Jaime. After that I wait around patiently for him to arrive. I check my watch and it is five minutes past four...he's late.

'Calm down Y/N, I'm sure he'll come, stop freaking out' I think to myself.

That is what I keep telling myself for the rest of the afternoon, but he never shows. Instead I eat dinner, freshen up and hop straight up to my room to mope. Sitting on the edge of my bed, I gaze fondly at the picture of all my friends and Jaime on my bedside. I smile to myself and get under the covers of my bed, falling asleep in an instant.

After what feels like hours later, I hear a faint knocking on my windowsill outside. Of course I assume it is a tree branch blowing in the wind, so I try to go back to sleep. Then I hear it again, so I slowly turn over and notice a giant blue man with wings floating just outside my window. Realising who it is, I shoot up in bed and rub my eyes, wondering if I'm dreaming or not.

When he doesn't disappear and when he gives me an impatient look, I decide to open my window and let him in. Slowly, he flies inside and gives me a grateful look, muttering a "thank you". After he does that, he suddenly collapses in front of me and lands straight on the floor.

I gasps and crouch down to find out what is wrong with him, when I turn him over I notice quite a large amount of blood soaking his armour. Quickly, I try to haul him onto my bed only half succeeding and having to try a different method to get him fully on the bed. Running to the bathroom, I'm careful not to alert my sleeping parents and grab the first aid kit.

Dashing back into my room, I use the hand towel I picked up to soak up the blood. With his armour still remaining on his body, I clean the wound as best I can but I can't stitch or bandage it up yet.

Then I hear a heavy sigh from him and I help him sit up slowly.

"Excuse me Mr Beetle, are you alright?" I ask, concerned.

"For now, yes, thank you" He winces.

"I managed to clean up your wound but I can't fully stitch or bandage it up with your armour still on" I state.

He gave me a hesitant look as I realise what I'd just asked him to to.

"B-but you don't have to! I know how important your secret identity is." I stutter

Then he puts a hand on my shoulder and slowly his armour is released from his body as I sit there, wide eyed and my mouth open in shock.

'My best friend, Jaime Reyes is the Blue Beetle.' I think.

His lips turn up in a smirk, probably at my shocked face. After I snap out of my state, realisation hits me again. I then raise my hand and slap him, not too hard, across his cheek.

"What wa-" Jaime begins to say, but is cut off...

By me kissing him. Now it is his turn to be stunned and mine to smirk at his face.

"That was because you bailed on me this afternoon" I pout, pointing to his cheek.

Jaime snaps out of it and listens.

"And this?" He asks, pointing to his lips.

"Just something I felt like doing" I shrug and grim at him.

Before he can reply, I grab my first aid supplies and motion for Jaime to take his shirt off. I stare for a bit at his muscles, but quickly begin stitching up his wound and wrapping the bandage around the area.

"I'm sorry about this afternoon" He breaks the silence and I look up at him.

"I understand, you're a superhero, you have lives to save. No doubt you got this wound from a battle today" I shrug.

"Thank you" He replies.

My eyes slowly begin staring at his muscles again and I blush while averting my eyes. .

"Please put your shirt on, it's distracting" I state.

Jaime just smirks and puts his shirt back on.

"Excellent work Jaime Reyes, you have successfully won the heart of the one you refer to as 'crush'." Scarab says to Jaime.

Jaime blushes madly.

"Shut up!" Jaime yells.

"Ummmm" I stare at Jaime.

"Uh, not you, I was talking to Scarab" Jaime says and lifts up the back of his shirt to show me the blue scarab on his back.

"That's what makes you transform?" I ask.

"Yeah" Jaime responds.

I look at Scarab and give it a pat.

"Awwwww, it's so cute!" I say.

Jaime just stares at me weirdly.

"I like this one Jaime Reyes, do not ever let them go" Scarab says to Jaime.

Jaime smiles.

"I don't intend to"

Yaaaayy, another chapter completed. Hope you guys all liked it, remember to comment and vote, thanks! So long my fellow fangirls/fanboys!Until next time!

XXX