Impulse X Reader

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys! We're back with another chapter as promised. This chapter will be fluffy because I don't know about you, but I need a good dose of adorableness once in a while☺️

So, enjoy!

Key: Y/N= Your Name 

Your POV:

Today we have been sent on a mission to the more polar parts of the earth, which I am not looking forward to. Sure it's nice to bundle up and drink hot chocolate on cold, winter days, but going out on a mission in cold weather isn't fun.

Although there was someone trying so hard to make it just that.

Impulse is sitting next to me, smiling like a madman and having a great time because we've finally been sent on a mission, while Robin and Wonder Girl sit in silence. For some reason, nothing bad or suspicious had happened the past few days. We have all been looking forward to finally getting out on the field again, also considering we are the juniors of the team and aren't allowed the more 'difficult' missions, as the older heroes put it.

Although, we all beg to differ.

Once the ship landed, we all exited and I am immediately hit with the freezing cold air, of the polar arctic. I'm beginning to regret ever agreeing to go on this mission. Did I know it was going to be cold? Yes. Did I come on this mission partly because I wanted to spend time with Impulse? Maybe. I came on this mission mainly because I desperately needed some action, besides watching people spar, do their own thing back at the cave or carry on with my boring life outside of Mt Justice.

"Robin, tell me again why we're here?" I asked, while hugging myself to get warmer.

"Batman said that there is an abandoned hideout out here, that could give us some important information" Robin explained.

I just nodded at him and continued to shiver, while we began our search for the hideout. After searching for over an hour and still coming out empty, Robin kept telling us we should keep searching longer. I just think he doesn't want to go back to Batman without any information gathered, after searching for so long.

"We've looked everywhere in the zone we've been assigned, and we haven't found anything after an hour of searching. Let's face it there's nothing here Robin, we can come back another time" I tried to reason.

"*sigh* okay, let's head back to the ship" Robin agreed. 

Although the ship was stationed a little over five minutes away, a fierce blizzard picked up unexpectedly. Once it did, it made it even colder and harder to see, which made everyone speed up to get back to the ship.

The harsh winds kept hitting me head on and the cold began slowly paralysing me. This caused me to fall behind and when I look up the team is no where in sight. 

Now I begin to panic.

"Hello?!" I called, hoping for them to hear my plea.

"Robin! Cassie! Bart!" I shouted again.

Then another gust of wind blew over me, causing me to tumble to my knees. All of the energy in my body began to slowly seep out of my body, and I suddenly felt exhausted. I curled up in the snow and let it cover my body like a cold blanket. As my eyes begin to grow heavy, I feel a pair of warm arms embrace my body, before I enter a deep sleep.

Time Skip

I crack my eyes open to find myself staring at a warm fire, and I'm lying on a cold, rocky cave floor. Strangely, I feel something warm and hard pressed up behind me. Then I notice a hand wrapped protectively over my torso. 

I slowly turned over and was face to face with Impulse. I felt my cheeks heat up and my breathing became hitched. I stared at his pink lips as he slept peacefully. 

'Okay, that's kind of creepy Y/N' I thought to myself.

All I could think about at that moment was how much I wanted to kiss him. So, I leaned in and placed a gentle, but loving kiss on his lips. As I did this, I felt him kiss back and his arm pulled me even closer towards him. Then we broke apart and stared intently at each other. 

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

"Yeah" I breathed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"A blizzard came along and nobody noticed you were falling behind, until I heard you call my name. When I looked back I couldn't see you, so I ran back to find you unconscious in the snow. The others were gone when I looked back for them, so I found a cave and built a fire to keep you warm" He told me.

"How come you were spooning me then?" I smirked.

He blushed.

"Because you were cold and I thought you might get hypothermia if I didn't do anything" He explained.

I chuckled and then noticed some black crates frozen sold in the ice, surrounding us. I got up and inspected the ice, and then noticed a giant control panel at the back wall of the cave.

"Bart, I think this is..." I trailed off.

"...The abandoned hideout" Bart finished.

Suddenly we heard footsteps near the entrance of the cave and quickly hid behind one of the frozen crates. I took a peek around the crate and noticed a familiar red suit and yellow flash symbol. 

"Flash!" We yell in unison.

We come out of our hiding spot and hugged Flash.

"Where have you been? The whole league has been worried sick!" He exclaimed and returned the hug.

"It's a long story" I reply. 

"Come on let's get you back to the ship" Flash says.

We follow Flash a couple of minutes, and eventually we reach the ship where everyone is gathered.

"Didn't think it would take our disappearance to get the attention of the whole league" Bart whispered to me.

Once we assured everyone that we are okay and told them about our story, we got far away from that freezing place. It turns out Robin and Wonder Girl never left, they sent an emergency call to the league about our disappearance and even kept looking for us overnight. 

When we got back to the cave everyone began doing their own things again, while Bart and I spent the rest of the afternoon on the lounge with a blanket and hot cocoa. 

The cold isn't that bad anymore, especially when you have someone by your side to keep you warm.

Okay I know the ending was a bit rushed, I apologise if it seemed like it was, but I really had to got to bed but I remembered that I promised another chapter today, so I delivered. I hope you liked it anyway though, also rug up for winter guys, I don't want you to get frostbite.

Anyway, so long fellow fangirls/fanboys! Until next time!

XXX