Kid Flash x Reader

Welcome back, my fellow fangirls/fanboys! I'm so excited to be writing another chapter, so please enjoy!

Also, all the writing in italics is part of the flashback.

Key: Y/N= Your Name, F/C= Favourite Colour

Your POV:

"Done!" I exclaim.

I have just finished wrapping the super awesome present, if I do say so myself, which I'm going to give to my best friend for his birthday today. I smile down at the present with Flash themed wrapping paper, knowing that he's going to love it.

Looking down at my watch, I notice that I was supposed to meet Wally in 10 minutes, although that doesn't bother me much since he is always fashionably late. I throw on a pair of blue denim jeans, a F/C t-shirt, converse and a jacket. Then I grab the present and rush quickly out the door to make my way to the meeting place.

Time Skip

When I reach the meeting place, Wally, as expected, isn't here yet. Glancing around the park, I notice that there's no one around for at least a mile, just the way it's supposed to be. Gazing up at the sky, I examine the tree I stand beneath, it's one of the biggest and oldest trees in Central city. Also, the tree that holds so many precious memories of mine.

Flashback to 10 years ago

I am playing with my toys on the grass, but when I look up I can't see mummy anywhere. She wouldn't abandon me, would she?

After thinking about all the possible scenarios I decide I should just find her myself. So after about half an hour of looking I still can't find her, and that's when I start to panic.

"Mommy!" I shout in worry.

Tears begin to well up in my eyes, but then I notice a tree in the distance up on a small hill. The tree would give me a better vantage point to look for my mum. With some hope left, I run up the hill as fast as I can and finally reach the tree. I slightly pant as I look out into the distance, scanning the land for the familiar face of my mother.

With still no sign of her, I slouch down onto the ground with silent tears streaming down my face.

Then I feel a warm hand on my shoulder and I stop crying for a second.

"Hey, what's wrong?" The voice asks in concern.

I look up to find the face of a small ginger headed boy with striking emerald eyes and freckles dusted across his cheeks. I slowly wipe my eyes with my chubby little hands.

"I-I'm lost" I blubber.

"Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find her" He comforts with a reassuring smile.

I returnthe smile, "O-okay" I respond.

I stand up slowly and offer my hand to him.

"I'm Y/N, what about you?" I question.

"Wallace West, Wally for short" He replies, as he shakes my hand.

Then I hear the distant sound of my name being called. I look down the hill and see my mother waving at me, with my toys in her other hand.

"Mummy!" I squeal.

I rush down to my mother and embrace her in a big hug.

"Don't ever run off like that again" My mother tells me.

"Okay, I won't" I reply.

"Come on, let's go home" She says.

I nod at her, then I turn around and wave back at Wally with a cheerful grin.

"Bye Wally!" I yell at him.

"Bye!" He calls back.

End Flashback

I smile fondly as I remember the first time I met Wally, my best friend. I quickly check my phone for the time. Wally is fifteen minutes late, now that is unusual. I'll wait just a little bit longer, I'm sure he couldn't of forgotten he was meeting up with me, even if he is usually late he never forgets.

I sigh, sadness flowing through me. Maybe he did forget. Then I begin to walk down the hill, everyone has already gone home and the sun is about to set. I decide to take the long way through the park just to admire the sunset.

When I am halfway across the field, I hear someone call my name from behind me. I turn around and see Wally running to catch up to me. Once he catches up, he looks at me and must notice my sad expression because his saddens slightly.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, my friends threw me a birthday party and I couldn't get away!" He says.

I hang my head low, hiding my face. Wally then comes closer with a sad expression on his face. Then I lift my head up with a big smile.

"Happy Birthday!" I exclaim gleefully.

Wally's expression goes from sadness to happiness.

"Hey, that's not funny! I thought you were serious" He grins

"I was for a second, but I can't be serious on your birthday" I smile.

Then I hand him his present which he gladly he accepts and smiles with joy. He opens the present and produces a genuine smile.

"Sneakers! How did you know I needed more?" He questions with a cocked brow.

"Because you always whine about how you've broken 8 pairs this month" I reply with my hands on my hips.

We both laugh together, until Wally's expression turns more serious.

"Thank you, I should've been here on time today and I'm sorry" He apologises.

"Wally it's fine really" I smiled at him and wave my hands. 

"But I still have one more present for you" I grab his hand and pull him up to the tree on the hill. 

The sun is setting now and the sky was full of beautiful orange and pink streaks to signal the evening. Turning to Wally, I lean in close and give him a small kiss on the lips. Then I smile at him.

"Happy birthday, Wally" 

Alright, I'm very satisfied with this chapter so I hope you all enjoyed it. Don't forget to vote and comment, because I would love some feedback about the story. Also, don't be scared to ask me about any character requests for the story.

So long my fellow fangirls/fanboys. Until next time!

XXX