Accident ; Oikawa X Nurse/Doctor! Reader Part I

"Your progress is increasing immensely. I'm so proud of how far you've come!" You smile warmly, at one of your patients.

A little six year old boy by the name of Max, had been diagnosed with Leukemia about a year ago. You made it your mission to be as helping and hospitable to this little boy. You put your heart and soul into him. He's a very kind and gentle boy. Definitely very shy. You refused to let him pass away.

Right now, you and Max are currently talking about a volleyball game Max saw on TV. Max has always wanted to play volleyball, but has never gotten the chance. You planned on changing that as soon as possible.

"And then my favorite Spiker came in and smacked it down to the ground, making a large "Ka-bam!" Isn't that super cool Nurse [Y/N]?!" Max rambled, smiling a toothy grin.

"That's awesome Max. Someday you'll be just as great as him, I know you will." You chuckle at his enthusiasm, while ruffling his hair.

You feel a slight buzz on your hip, and look down. Your pager was beeping.

You see, at the beginning of every Nurse's career, they receive a pager. If someone so happens to be in urgent need, the nurse at the front desk will page several Nurses and Doctors. And now seemed to be one of those times.

You quickly stand up, and look at Max. You lean down and kiss his cold forehead.

"I have an urgent emergency to go take care of. I'll make sure to come visit you tomorrow, buddy." You say, scurrying out the door.

You sprint down the pale hallways of the all too familiar Hospital. When you make it to the first floor, you tiredly slam into the front desk.

"What seems to be the emergency?!" You pant.

"We just got a call containing information on a deadly car accident. It seems a 24 year old male got struck by driver who seems to have died of a heart-attack on the wheel. Citizens near by described his wounds to be fatal, and he seems to not be conscious." The nurse said, a look of panic in her eyes.

You simply nod your head, and turn around. As you turn around, you hear the slams of the front Hospital doors opening. Several Doctors and Nurses are rushing along side a boy in a stretcher. They're yelling out commands as they rush him down the hallway. Picking up on the fact that this was the boy in danger, you quickly run after them. You follow them into the surgical room, while slipping on blue gloves and a white mask that covers your mouth.

They stop the unconscious boy, and pick him up from the stretcher. They place him on a large surgical table, and place a mask filled with anesthesia over his frail lips. You definitely don't want him becoming conscious while you perform surgery.

A known doctor by the name of Dr. Stark, turns towards you. He informs you on what the situation is, and what you need to perform.

"It seems a large quantity of glass from his car window have been lodged into his head. He also has several, deep gashes throughout his body. We need to stitch those up. If we don't hurry, he will die of blood loss. I need you to get started on removing the glass from his skull. Some of the glass could have easily pierced his brain, causing significant damage. But we won't be able to tell if his brain is damaged until after his surgery." Dr. Stark explains to you before turning around.

"LETS GO!" He yells at the other surrounding Nurses and Doctors.

You pull out all of your needed necessities, and quickly get to work. You delicately remove the shards of glass from the male's head, making sure you don't further more his wounds. It takes you a good 2 hours to successfully remove every piece of glass from his head. By the time you've finished, the others have already stitched up his incisions.

You place all of your dirty tools on a tray sitting next to you. You move the tray to the other side of the room, making sure not to forget about it. You walk towards the male and carefully slide him into a hospital bed. You turn around, and open a near by heater. You grab a blanket filled with heat from the monitor, and softly place it over the still unconscious boy.

You grab the side of his hospital bed, and wheel him out of the surgical room. You continue to role him down the Hospital hallways, and into room number 24. You stop his bed next to the wall, before grabbing several wires and machines. You grab the wires currently attached to his face, and replace them. You carefully stick the breathing tubes up his nose, and a white mask over his pale lips. You open up the top of his baby blue gown, and attached small little stickers hooked up to the heart monitor. You then grab his right arm, and apply an IV. You connect the IV to a bag filled with blood. Lastly, you snap a small clip on his pointer finger, just so you can keep track of his pulse.

When you finish all of his needs, you pause. You stop right before the edge of his bed, and take a look at him.

He's a rather attractive young man if you do say so you self. Having brown, messy hair, although slightly stained with blood. His face a milky white, while his lips are a pale blue. Small blood droplets scattered about his face. He has a rather nice build. Not too built, but not too scrawny.

You sigh, and brush the males hair out of his face. A sad smile makes its way to your face, as you leave the room.

This poor boy.

*A few hours later*

You were informed that you are the Nurse who's been chosen to look after the new male. You agreed, wanting to help out your new patient. You continuously keep watch over him, waiting for the day you're allowed to wake him. He had been put into a anesthetic coma, so we'd be able to further discover his brain damage.

After one week of waiting, you are finally able to wake him. A couple hours after giving him a couple shots to awaken him, you notice the male start to shift, as his eyes tiredly flutter open. You smile, and walk towards his bed. The male squints, a look of confusion washing over his features.

"Where am I?" He questions, voice raspy.

"You're currently in the hospital. It seems you had gotten into a very severe car accident. But no need to worry, you're in my care." You smile warmly at the confused boy.

"I'm Nurse [Y/N]. I'll be taking care of you for the next few months."

"Months?!" The boy yells, slightly more awake.

"Sadly, yes." You sigh, not liking the fact that this poor boy is trapped inside a hospital.

"I deeply apologize for your incident. But, I'll do everything in my will to make sure you stay stable. Is there anything you need?" You ask.

"Could I get some water?"

"Of course!"

You rush out of the room, and go grab some ice cold water. You place a straw in the cup, as you walk back to his room. Once your back in the room, you hand the boy the cup, telling him to sip not gulp. He obliges and eagerly sips the water.

"I never got your name." You say, implying that you'd like him to tell you his name, although you secretly already know it.

"Oikawa Tooru."

"It's nice to meet you, Oikawa." You smile at him.

He returns the smile, his eyes closing in the process. You coo at his adorable action, your brain instantly going soft and mushy.

"Oh boy. This is going to be an interesting couple of months." You think, already knowing that this boy is going to change many things.