Manager ; Iwaizumi X Foreign! Reader

I love Iwaizumi Hajime. He can step on me 😔🤚🏼

I had absolutely no plot in mind for this and just went with the flow. Thus, we call this fic, scenes leading up to you and Iwaizumi falling in love 😌🤚🏼

Also, lowkey a crack fic, but what fan-fiction with Aoba Johsai's third years isn't 🏃🏻‍♀️

Anything bolded signifies English.

•••

"I finally found one!" Coach Irihata pants, stopping in front of the gyms doors, a white paper clutched in his hand.

Silence overtakes the gym, as the team holds their breath, hoping the words to come out of their coach's mouth are ones they've been wanting to hear for two weeks now.

The Aoba Johsai volleyball team has been searching for a worthy manager relentlessly for two weeks now, ever since the beginning of the school year.

They've had great success when it comes to the number of applicants. But much to everyone's disappointment, every applicant has just been one of Oikawa's fan girls, all of them trying to come up with different tactics to take up the position.

"I finally- finally found a manager." Coach Irihata collects himself, standing straight and holding out an application.

"Seriously?! How'd you find someone?" Coach Mizoguchi questions in complete shock, tearing the application out of Coach Irihata's hands.

"Her name is (L/N)(F/N), and she's a third year. She's not from here, she moved to Japan from (Y/C) a few months before school started. She doesn't really have a clue who Oikawa is. She's completely oblivious to the girls around her, and turned in an application a few days ago. I just interviewed her today, and she's perfect for the position. She'll be in here tomorrow for her first day, just to catch a glance of what it's like, and learn her new position. Please treat her with respect tomorrow, as we can't afford to scare her away." Coach Irihata explains, his eyes drifting to subtly give the third years a stern look.

"Is it just me, or does it seem like Coach is only talking about us?" Hanamaki whispers.

"It's not just you." Matsukawa shivers, Iwaizumi and Oikawa following immediately after.

"Anyway, while this is good news, we must get back to practice. Start your warm up!" Coach Irihata pounds his fist on the metal doors to gather everyone's attention once again.

"Yes Coach!" The team replies in new found excitement at the thought of their very own manager.

•••

"(Y/N)! Thanks for coming in a little early. I'll let you get changed into this tracksuit before we start." Coach Irihata greets you politely as you step into the empty gym.

"Oh! Of course." You reply kindly, taking the white and blue clothes from his hands and making your way to the girl's locker room.

Your thoughts run a mile a minute while you change quickly, not wanting to leave the Coach waiting.

You were extremely shocked at how quickly and eagerly Coach Irihata had accepted your application. The man practically bowed down to your feet in glory towards the end of your short lived interview.

Having never managed a team before, let alone an all boys team, it's only natural you're a little worried. What if you don't live up to their expectations? Coach looked so happy to accept you onto their team, but what if you let him down? Can you even handle being surrounded by so many guys at once?