Crybaby ; Goshiki X Reader

Hi guys ~ Usually I don't update in the middle of the week, typically a Friday or Saturday night, but I have two weeks of school off because of COVID-19 (everybody please take care of yourselves, and remain healthy!) so here I am <(^.^)> !

Also, the song I put above was a huge inspiration to this story! I recently just discovered this Japanese band, ONE OK ROCK and to say I'm obsessed is a huge understatement. I strongly recommend them. Please give this song a listen while reading!!

Thank you so so much @RedPandaOtaku for requesting this, I hope you enjoy it!

•••

"Ne~ (Y/N)-chan, whatchya reading??" Tendou flips around in his seat, his bright red eyes staring directly at you.

You peep your two eyes over the manga you're reading, raise a single eyebrow at him, before pointing to the cover of your manga and continuing on with your deep reading.

"Ehhhhhh..." Tendou deadpans, his own eyebrow twitching slightly.

You try your best to ignore Tendou's intense gaze, but with every second, the two holes boring into your forehead begin to bother you.

"Dude, can I help you?" You sigh, closing your book and plopping it loudly into your lap.

"Oh, yes, I'm so glad you asked!" Tendou brightens, his posture straightening slightly.

"What's up?" You question, ignoring Tendou's jab.

"(Y/N), this is a really serious question, are you ok with that?" Tendou questions you, suddenly more serious than a child trying to decided between two ice cream flavors.

"Uh... yea?" You answer hesitantly, lowkey kind of scared as you've never seen Tendou this serious before.

"...what manga are you reading?" Tendou suddenly perks up again.

"Is that it...?" You slump, feeling slightly relieved.

"Duh." Tendou chuckles, grabbing a hold of the manga grasped in your hands.

"Kyochuu Rettou?? (Y/N), I didn't know you were into gore!" Tendou all but shouts.

"Hm? Well, people have their preferences." You tilt your head slightly, before grabbing your manga back from Tendou's hands.

"You're a tough girl aye." Tendou ruffles your hair.

"I guess." You chuckle, swatting Tendou's hands away from your hair.

"This is why we're best friends!" Tendou squeals, grabbing both of your hands in his and jumping up and down in his seat.

"Eeeeek!!" You squeak along for a few seconds, before your face returns back to that resembling a stone.

Tendou was a lot to handle some times.

•••

10:58

Jeez is it really that late?

You scowl slightly, glaring at the brightness of your phone screen.

"(Y/N)- you shouldn't be out running this late, an old pervert is bound to snatch you someday." Mina, your best friend, lectures you.

"Hey, it is what it is." You simply wave her off, too stubborn to give up your late night runs.

"I'm gonna-" Mina seethes, winding her arm back in a mock punch.

"Ne~ ne~ no need to be so aggressive M i n a -chan!" You raise the pitch of your voice, giving Mina a sickly sweet smile.