Nerves ; Kuroo X Dancer! Reader

"[Y/N], I'm really nervous. Do you have any stomach medicine?" A member of your dance crew asks you, a look of anxiousness displayed across their face.

"Oh, yea. Here, just try to take deep breaths." You advise, while handing your teammate a small pill.

You and your dance crew are currently in Tokyo, Japan. Your school dance team had been asked to perform at a High School Volleyball tournament this weekend, occurring in Japan. You and your team are really nervous and excited. You guys had never traveled so far for a performance. Your team is definitely well known through out your home country. You guys performed at many High School games, and even made appearances on TV. But you guys have never traveled out of your continent.

You are the captain and choreographer of your crew. It's a lot of work to handle so many athletes, but you manage. You couldn't be more happy and proud of how your crew turned out this year. You felt very prideful in your routine this year. As the choreographer, you had chosen Hip-Hop for this years genre. You absolutely love Hip-Hop. It's preferably more your style, and it definitely gets the crowd going when you perform at games. You and your team are exceptionally nervous for this performance though. I mean, you guys are performing in front of a large crowd, and in a different continent. You all want to impress and shock the crowd tonight.

But there is one thing you're beyond exhilarated for.

A couple of years ago, you had found yourself making an internet best friend. The two of you had met on a sports amino. You had been placed in a large group chat made for beginners. It so happened that you and another member had gotten along extremely well. So, you created a group chat for just the both of you. You instantly befriended the person, and the two of you became the closest of friends. You learned that your new friends name was Kuroo, and that he played volleyball. You also learned that he lived in Tokyo. Which was all the way in Japan, quite far away from where you lived. His location disappointed you a lot, because you would like to visit him sometime. But you pushed aside the disappointment, and continued to become closer with Kuroo.

You absolutely fell in love with Kuroo, within the first year of your interactions. It seemed you weren't the only one to fall in love, as Kuroo confessed 11 months into your friendship. The two of you quickly made it official after his confession, and have been going strong for 2 years now. And now, after two years of waiting, you're finally in Tokyo. You had informed Kuroo on your exciting news, and he was overjoyed. Originally, you planned to just meet up with him at some sort of cafe. But it turns out, he's supposed to be playing in the Volleyball tournament you're performing at. He told you he was on a team named "Nekoma." And you told him you would definitely keep an eye out for his team.

And now, here you are, finally standing in a giant arena filled to the brim with people. You and your team are in a dressing room behind the arena. You all had your uniforms on, making final touch ups. Your uniforms consisted of black ripped skinny jeans, a black crop top hoodie, black fingerless gloves, and Adidas superstars.

Your team is sweating buckets, as half time is soon approaching. You on the other hand, are sweating a river. You knew Kuroo would be watching you, and that made you excessively nervous. Your teammates seemed to notice, and continuously asked if you were okay. You assured them you were fine, not wanting to worry them any farther.

As you hear the buzzer, signifying that the previous game had just ended, you pull your team into a huddle.

"Ok guys. We have been waiting for this moment for weeks now. We have been training for nine months, and I think we can all agree that we put our heart and souls into perfecting this routine. Now, we're going to go out there, and show each and every individual what we've got. Faith on three!"

"1, 2, 3 FAITH!" All of you scream out, before dispatching.

You lead your dance crew into the hallways, before reaching the gym's doors. You hear the muffled sound of an announcer informing everybody on your guys' presence. You hear several screams, as the gym doors open. The lights are dimmed, several brightly colored lights shining throughout the atmosphere. The announcer calls out your teammates name's individually, as they run out into the middle of the gym.

"And finally, please welcome the captain and choreographer of Team Faith, [L/N][F/N]!"

You run out from behind the gym doors, and wave to the crowd. Several screams ring throughout the arena, as your eyes gaze around the gym. You quickly peer throughout the gym, looking for a specific team. Your eyes catch a speck of red, and you turn your attention towards it. You spot several athletes sitting on benches, their jackets labeled "Nekoma." You let out a shaky breath, and scan each athlete.

Kuroo had described himself quite vaguely. He simply said that he has black messy hair, brown eyes, and is very tall. After a split second of searching, you instantly find a bed headed male sitting in the very front of his team. Your mind clicks, and you already know that's Kuroo. You make eye contact with him, and he gives you a wave. You blush, but give him a small wave in return. Shaking your head, you finally make it to your spot for the routine.

The gym grows quiet, as the music starts. You and your team pour everything into the routine, as you all move throughout the gym floor. The crowd seems to love it, as they're all up on their feet cheering. As the dance ends, and you're all in your ending position, the audience goes wild. (The routine is above if you'd like to see it visually. I didn't feel like writing it out lmao)

You drop from your pose, and a large smile overtakes your face. You stand up from the floor, ignoring everybody's calls directed towards you. You take off sprinting towards Kuroo, and soon reach him. You jump up onto him, your legs wrapping around his waist. He catches you, and gives you a tight hug. You wrap your arms around Kuroo's neck, returning his tight embrace.

"I can't believe it's actually you." You whisper, your head resting on his shoulder.

You hear Kuroo chuckle, as he squeezes you tighter in reply. You give Kuroo one last squeeze, before jumping down from his embrace. You tilt your head up, and lock eyes with Kuroo. You give him a quick kiss, before running off back to your team. You peek your head over your shoulder one last time, to see Kuroo touching his lips accompanied by a small blush. You laugh, as you follow your team out of the gym doors.

"You guys did amazing! You all should be proud of yourselves." You yell out, congratulating your team.

The team whoots and hollers in reply, as you all run down the hallways and back into your dressing room. Once you get into the dressing room, you change out of your uniform. You keep on your skinny jeans, but change into a plain, dark red t-shirt. You take off your gloves, and place them in your bag, as well as your hoodie. You inform your team that you're going to go watch your boyfriend's game. And as you walk back out the door, you hear your team yell out,

"Oooooooo, get some!"

You laugh loudly, and roll your eyes at your teams antics. You continue down the hallway, and walk into the gym. You spot Kuroo in the corner of the gym with his team, stretching. You walk towards him, before lightly tapping him on the shoulder. He turns around, and smiles at the sight of you. You return his smile before saying,

"I just wanted to come tell you good luck. So, good luck Tetsu, do your best!"

"Thanks [Y/N]-Chan." He replies, giving you a quick kiss.

"No problem." You blush, before turning away.

You start walking towards the gym doors, but pause.

"You better win Tetsuro, or there'll be no surprises later!" You jokingly call out, before continuing your previous walking.

You hear the hollers of his teammates, and you smirk. Oh how you loved teasing that boy.

•••

Turns out, Nekoma had won, and you treated Kuroo and his teammates to ice cream. All of the Nekoma boys instantly took a liking to you, causing Kuroo to become quite jealous. You laughed at his jealousy, and reassured him that you are only his. Kuroo smirked at this teammates, as he wrapped his arm around your shoulders. His teammates pouted, and you laughed at their actions once again. You've only been in Japan for less than a day, but you knew your visit would be well worth everything.