Night Sky ; Ushijima X Reader

You guys!! I haven't uploaded in over a year!! I don't know why but I lost motivation for a little while ㅜㅜ but with Haikyuu!! season four in progress, my motivation has miraculously returned. I know a few people had requested a few ideas during my time off, but I never ended up writing them because of my lack of motivation. For that, I'm so sorry! If you're still reading my stories and have requested an x reader that hasn't been written yet, and you still would like it written, please message me! Anyway, while I've been away, my reads have gone up so much, and I'm very grateful for that. Thank you for taking the time to read my stories, please keep treating me kindly, 화이팅 !!

But, thank you so much @RedPandaOtaku requesting this Ushijima x reader, I truly hope you like it!!

•••

The harsh sound of volleyballs assaulting the gymnasium court, followed my several shoe squeaks awake you from your nervous daydream. Your shaky legs carry you close behind coach Washijō, making sure to keep a far but close distance. Preferably a far distance though... couch intimidates you a little bit. But just a little! With his thick eyebrows pushed together, creasing in the middle... his stern eyes... his jutted out lips forming a permanent scowl...

"GEH!! he's looking at you!! (Y/N) stop scaring yourself."

You glance back at coach giving him a small and shaky smile, before you finally arrive at the steps of the gym, thank god...

Coach slams open the gym doors, revealing you, still neatly clad in your school uniform. While coach did slam the door open pretty loudly, none of the players seem to even take a mere glance at the sudden noise.

"Huh.. this isn't like what I read in shōjo mangas... how disappointing." You deadpan.

"Boys!" Coach's voice suddenly booms, scaring you out of your little fantasy.

Finally, the boys glance in your direction, causing you to become a little more shy than you expected. Having several boys' eyes on you is quite nerve-racking you know!

"Please introduce yourself." Couch mutters, giving you a side glance.

"Ah! Right, sorry. My name is (L/N)(F/N), and starting today I'll be your new manager. Please treat me well!" You announce clearly, attempting to hide your shaky voice, before giving a full 90° bow.

"Ehhh?? So this is the new manager-chan we've been informed about~" a bright haired boy coos, his long legs approaching you quickly as he scopes you out a bit.

"Tendou Satori." The boy says after a few seconds of circling around you.

"Nice to meet you Tendou-san!" You smile brightly at the boy, nearly blinding the whole team.

"Wow! So cute!" Tendou yells in broken english, before skipping back over to the rest of the team.

The team begins to make their introductions, trying their best to be as respectful as possible. Ushijima ends the introductions, giving you a small bow.

"(Y/N)~ this is Ushiwaka, he's our Mr. Captain. Only the best in the country." Tendou brags, slyly wrapping his arm around Ushijima's shoulders.

"I-intimidating!! So intimidating!!" You mentally scream, your posture going straight and stiff.

"Wait, (Y/N), we know better than to book a judge by its cover... wait how does that saying go? Judge a cover by it's bo- no, cover a judge by it's boo-oh! We know better than to judge a book by it's cover! In fact... he seems like he'd be kind of sweet... right??" You sweat, stealing a quick glance at Mr. Captain.