Notebook ; Nishinoya X Reader

"(Y/N)...?" A shy voice quietly rings behind you, as a small tap to your shoulder follows.

You quickly whip your head back to face the voice, your facial expression quickly twisting into one of confusion.

"Oh, Yachi right?" You say suddenly in recognition.

"A-Ah, yes, that's me..." Yachi states quite dazed, surprised that such a pretty girl knows her name.

"What can I help you with, Yachi-san?" You smile warmly at the nervous girl upon you.

"I-I heard you're fluent in English?" Yachi continues, avoiding eye contact and playing with her fingers.

"Yes, that's true."

"Ah, really?! That's great!" Yachi suddenly jumps slightly in excitement, before continuing-

"You see... I'm pretty average at English, and some of my senpai's on the volleyball team are using me as their last source of help... but I'm unable to teach them to their full potential. Do you-do you think you would be able to maybe help me tutor them?" Yachi explains, retorting back to her nervous state.

"Of course! I'd be happy to help you tutor English. Are there any specific dates and times you'd like me to meet up with you and your senpais or...?" You exclaim, happy that someone has resorted to you for help.

"Oh, excuse my rudeness. I should've given you more information on specific times." Yachi all but yells, her face a bleeding red as she gives you a deep bow of apology.

"It's alright Yachi-san!" You quickly reassure the girl, letting a small chuckle of amusement puff past your lips.

"We all usually meet up in the club room near the gym everyday after evening practice, at about 6:00. Would that fit into your schedule?" Yachi raises from her bow, allowing her red face to fade back into her usual pale reflection.

"Yea, that works perfectly! When would you like me to start stopping by?"

"Would you be able to start today?"

"Yep, that's perfectly fine! I'll see you this evening at 6:00?" You clarify, while rising from your seat as the lunch bell rings.

"Y-Yes, thank you!" Yachi exclaims, giving you a small wave as you smile in response and leave the classroom.

Yachi stands frozen for a few mere seconds, as her brain processes how easily such a gorgeous girl like you agreed to help a girl like her out.

•••

"N-Nishinoya-senpai!" Yachi yells out, attempting to grab Nishinoya's attention.

"What's up, Yacchan?" Nishinoya bounds towards the girl, before slinging an arm around her shoulder.

"I invited (Y/N) from class 1-4 to attend our study sessions, so she can help me tutor you and everyone else in English. I-I hope that's all right?" Yachi stammers, trying her best not to become flustered at the over affectionate boy beside her.

"Hm? (Y/N)... I don't think I've heard of that name before. But I guess she's only welcome if she raises my failing English grade to a passing grade." Nishinoya teases, pulling his arm free from Yachi's shoulder, before lightly elbowing her and running to catch back up with Tanaka.

As promised, you're leaned up against the wall near the club room, too busy with the music flowing from your earbuds into your ear, to notice the group stood near you.

"(Y/N), you made it!" Yachi smiles, catching your attention.

"Of course! We ready to get started?" You smile, ripping your earbuds out of your ears and wrapping them around your phone before shoving it into your backpack.