Chapter Three

I was wrong. Completely ans utterly wrong. I wouldn't mind telling all parents that they are saints for taking care of children. I want to go straight to Daddy and Papa and tell them how much I love them for taking care of me, because after spending just an hour with April, I know I must have been such a pain in their asses, and its ten times worse. There are ten of us, and I am only expected to take care of these three little children. I don't know how anyone does this. I dont know how anyone willingly puts themselves into this posotion.

I'm going crazy.

"Unca Ash! Unca Ash!" I nearly cry as I hear April's sweat little innocent voice screech my name. I dont known how Mason and Charles take care of this little monster. The boys, I can handle, but this little She-Devil in front of me is more then I can handle right now.

"Yes, April?" I ask nervously as I stumble around the corner of the kitchen door. I am currently making them lunch, which will begin burning if I don't go and stir it soon.

"Unca Ash, come pway wit me!" April screaches as she pulls on my limp arm, barely moving me a few inches from where I originally stood.

I open my mouth to argue when suddenly all the alarms in the kitchen start going off, and I smell the choking sent of smoke in the air.

I gasp when I see that all of the food that I had been cooking is currently in flames. I don't even know how noddles can start one fire, since they are sitting in water, but somehow I have managed to do so.

"'Ire!" April screams as she points to the growing flames sitting on the stove. I move to the sink, sweating from the heat of the flames on my already warm body. I throw water into the fire but it only grows bigger. I find a towel and quickly damp it down before tossing it on to of the flames, flinching back when one of them quickly licked my arm before going out.

I quickly out my arm under the cold water to ease the pain, ignoring April's screams, Dalota's crying, and Darean's constant questions.

Eventually Papa comes down to see what all the noise is about, and the water is no longer keeping my pain at bay, so I hurry quickly to the freezer and grab some ice cubes to put on it, wincing when I see the ugly red burn up the inside of my forearm, the most sensitive part of your arm.

Papa picks up Dalota and April, quickly shushing them before making his way to me.

"What did you do to them, Ashton? And what's wrong with your arm?" I quickly throw the ice away and pull my sweat shirt down to cover the burns. I ignore the burning pain and turn to Papa.

"The noodles started on fire and they were freaking out as I was trying to get them out, I caught my arm too close to the flames and it got burnt a little, it's gone now, see." I pull my other sleeve down my arm and show him my perfectly clean arm. Papa still seems suspicious but nods as he takes April and Dalota out of the room with him, probably up with him and Daddy in Charles' office.

Darean frowns at me but turns and makes his way behind Papa.

I let my calm facade slip as I quickly yank my sleeve down gently so it doesn't run up against the burn more then it has to. I know the burns are bad, but I don't need anyone to think that I did it just for attention, that's what everyone thinks now.

Uncle Rian got mad once when I complained about my back hurting after I had fallen out of a tree, saying it was my own fault and that I didn't have to complain to other people about my own problems, Papa got really mad at him, but since then I haven't really shared much about myself in pain wise. Usually I sit in my room and silently wish for my werewolf healing to finally kick in and heal me. Which with burns like this, still won't be for a few days, seeing as humans it would take a long time for these burns to heal, I don't know much about this stuff, I just know you have to keep it clean and put burn cream on them.

I clean up everything in the kitchen quickly before escaping to my room. I finally gasp from the pain, letting a single tear fall from my eye before I went to my bathroom to get my first aid kit out, my face set in stone, I wouldn't cry about this to my Daddy, I would be a man and deal with it myself, just like I do with everything nowadays.