Chapter Twenty-Three

“Are you absolutely sure that this is what you want to do? I wouldn't judge you if you wanted to be on the in next flight out of here. I know that he could seem pretty intimidating to someone who hasn't ever met him in person.” Leonel asks for the millionth time since we left this morning for Canada, where the castle is located.

“I promise that i don't want to turn back Leonel, if i did so, i would be giving up our relationship and you know that that isn't something i am willing to do. The reason i am here is for our relationship, if i was to back out now, it would show that I actually don't care about us being mates and being together.” I assure Leonel. Leonel’s face seems to soften as he looks down at me. His eyes do this weird thing as if they were cookies that have been put in the microwave and heated up so that they could be soft when you eat them. His eyes seem to express all of his feelings, which he has been showing to me now that we have grown closer.

The airport is crowded as we try to push out our way out to the taxi’s so we can get to the castle. Of course we will get dropped off at a different house before being driven to the castle by one of the warriors from the castle. I think that it is a very smart idea and my chest puffs up in pride when Leonel told me it was actually his idea.

Once we get dropped off at the halfway house I knew instantly that there were people around watching us. They weren't obvious about it, but you could feel the eyes watching you walking around. I knew the King obviously has protection on him at all times, but I don't think I would be so intimidated actually witnessing it.

“Don't be so nervous. They won't do anything to hurt you. They want to keep all of us safe for the dangers there are no doubt out there. They recognize me, and they wouldn't even try to do anything to me because they know I can beat their asses in any kind of fight.” I giggle as I rush forwards into the building, turning to look back at Leonel, it only takes me a second to see his eyes sodden before suddenly i'm running into a brick wall, or a very muscular person, it seems.

“Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that. I was looking at someone else and I didn't notice you. I can't believe I did that.” i pick myself off of the ground and help the man off of the ground. I know I'm okay because the man seems more amused with my rambling then he seems angry about me knocking him over.

“No problem, Sweetheart. I don't mind someone like you running into me.” Muscle man said as he holds my hand and gives it a kiss on the back of it. I blush as i pull my hand away, knowing that Leonel is going to be angry the man is touching and kissing me, even though I don't have those kind of thought for anyone besides him.

“Hello, Carter. Back off.” Muscle man, Carter, looks between me and Leonel before narrowing his eyes.

“Boss didn't say you were bringing back your mate with you. Does he know he is coming? I'm sure the reason you're here isn't going to be very long?” Carter took a step closer to me, still holding onto my hand, his grip tightening threateningly.

“He knows, and he said he was willing to speak with me about it. Now get your filthy hands off my mate.” Leonel spits out. I know that I don't want a fight to break out, so I rip my hand out of Carter's and back up into Leonel’s embrace.

“If I see you touching my mate ever again I am going to make you regret ever being born.” Leonel spits out the final words before gripping my arm and pulling me into the halfway house with him.