Chapter Twenty-Seven

The table is crowded when we enter the large room, which I can assume must be some sort of dining room, honestly there are probably multiple of them in his mansion.

“Leonel, and Ashton! We have waited for you to arrive before we began to eat. We didn't want to be rude when this was suppose to be your homecoming dinner.” A young man in his late twenties walks over to us and pats both of us on our opposites shoulders.

“Thank you, my king.” My eyes widen in shock. He is king? He seems so young, he can only be a few years older than me. The king must catch my look because he laughs as he clasps his hand around my shoulder.

“I know, I only recently took over for my father. I was the one to appoint Leonel as my new head warrior, the other one was the same age as my father and he knew that it wasn't safe for him or his family anymore. You were lucky to meet Leonel, I'm sure the two of you are going to have a long, happy life together.” The king nods to himself before turning and walking back to his seat. I turn and give Leonel a look that explains that I have no idea what just happened. Leonel gives me one back before leading us to the two cars on either side of the king.

Of course, due to my luck, I am sitting next to Laura and Leonel is sitting next to Carter. The two people we have made enemies since we have arrived. Well, I've made enemies with Laura, when it was obvious that she has something for Leonel, Leonel, I'm not so sure they are enemies.

“Now that our guest have arrived, we will eat.” I look around at all of the food sitting on the long table. There is enough food here to feed a whole army for a week, I guess when you are feeding close to fifty werewolves, then you need a little more food than normal.

I turn to see Laura looking at me, she looks away sharply when she sees that I have turned to her, but she continues to look at me from the side of her eyes every few seconds. I look over at Leonel to see he is in the same situation with Carter,  it they also engaged in a glaring match every few times their eyes connect. If I wasn't in the same situation I would think it is somewhat funny.

“Ashton, tell me, how is your family doing, I know you went through a rough patch with your alpha a few years ago?” I bite my lips as I turn to look over at the king. His eye are dark, stormy. It looks as if he is planning something, something dark. Hopefully it has nothing to do with me or with Leonel.

“Yes, my brother, the alpha, was deceived by a she wolf and she hurt many members of the pack. It's fine now, though, Charles has met his true mate and they have had a pup together already. They actually have three pups, but they adopted two.” The king hums to himself as he looks down at his plate in thought.

“Your brother, Charles, you two are half sibling, am I correct?” I purse my lips as I nod silently.

“Yep, Aria is my only full blood sibling I have.” I elaborate as I play with the food in my plate, my appetite has gone away with all the questions he is asking me, all the personal questions he is asking me.

“But you love them like they are your full blood siblings, don't you?” I nod again as I turn to look at Leonel, who seems to notice that I am getting uneasy about the questions I am being asked.

“Even Mason, I consider all of my siblings as my real siblings. My father taught me that blood doesn't define family.” Leonel looks as if he is going to say something to get the king to get off of my back, but the king shoots forward in his seat, causing the whole room to silence as the king hovers inches away from my face.

“Which father, the sperm donor, or the one who gave birth to you? I would like to know. I would like to know a lot about your Daddy, as all of you called him. He seems to spark some interest to me.” Leonel throws his chair out behind him and rounds the table to where I am sitting. He pulls me out of my seat and drags me out of the room. I look back a final time to see a satisfied smirk on the king's face as he drinks a sip of his wine.