Chapter Thirty-Four

Leonel drags me in the direction of the kitchen. Either he is hungry or he has grown tired of hearing the constant growls coming from my empty stomach, or it could possibly be both.

The kitchen is empty when we get in there, but there is a fresh baked pie, still warm, on the counter, so someone must have just been in here. Although the pie smells delicious, apple, my favorite, I pass over it in hopes of maybe finding a horse that if an eat.

“Ashton, we ate only six hours ago. I know that's a little longer then normal, but you're acting as if you haven't eaten for years.” Leonel says incredulously as he watches me pull out thing after thing from the fridge and stuff it in my mouth. I look at the clock as see that he is right and that we had actually eaten only six hours ago, but I'm still starving.

“I think that it is mixed with the boredom as to why I am so hungry. I mean, it feels as if I haven't eaten in years.” I agree as I continue to slam food after food into my mouth. Leonel eats at a much slower pace, but I can tell that he is hungry and is just trying to eat with manners.

“So, when can we go home?” I ask after I am full. Leonel is still slowly eating, but I can tell that he is almost at his max for how much he can eat, which is a hell of a lot. It's more then I would ever be able to eat in one sitting, even now when i was pretty sure I could eat a horse, he could probably eat an elephant without even being super hungry. I guess that why they have five fridges in here containing food.

“I'm hoping in the next hour, but I'll have to ask the king to make sure it is safe for us to leave right now. I don't want to harm either one of us because people are outraged from what happened, even though it wasn't your fault and you were just trying to protect yourself, but they are going to play the weak innocent maid card that honestly makes more sense than a demented mentally Ill women attack a teenage boy.” I nod as I take a final swig of water before hopping up and beginning to clean up the mess that I had made from all of the food.

Leonel helps me clean up, so it last only half the time it would if I was doing it by myself, but I think it has more to do with getting out of here as fast as we can because he seems almost annoyed with having to help, which I know he hates doing dishes since he doesn't like touching other people's plates, and apparently that goes with mine too.

“Come on, I want to go home.” Leonel says as he takes my hand and drags me out of gen kitchen, almost as if he is trying to get away from the memory of the mess we just had to cleaned up. I smile when he says home, knowing that I don't have to ever worry about taking him away from here. If he can call my pack home so easily, then I know that he truly wanted to leave here and come with me. I want to tell him everything about me, even my old pack.

“I want to tell you about my childhood when we get back, I want you to know everything about me.“ I say quickly before I can back out. Leonel turns to look at me, and when he sees whatever he was looking for, he gives me a small reassuring smile before turning back around and evading me to our room. I smile, knowing that never in the world will he judge me for knowing, and he will always find a way for me to feel better, even if it is just something as simple as a smile.