Chapter Nine

The trip down the flights of stairs to the kitchen seemed to go to fast for my taste. If I could have my way I would live out the rest of my life on those stairs.

Do I really need to face a fate that I know I don't want? Do I really have to go through that kind of suffering? Haven't I suffered enough?

"Ashton, hurry your little butt up, I'm not going to tell you again. These nice men are here to help us, and you'll appreciate them for all they are going to do for us." Daddy growled as he walked towards me and grabbed my ear, pulling me behind him and into ths dining area, letting go before anyone could see my current predicament and realize mt dad isn't the innocent little angel everyone likes to think he is, of course he is pretty innocent, vut not innocent enough to be above harming someone if he can't have his way.

The pain let me forget about being near my mate, but when the pain finally stopped to a full throb I looked up and could feel eyes piercing into the side of my head. I refused to look in the direction that I knew would let me connect with the eyes that could tear my soul apart.

"Ashton, come on, I saved you a seat next to me." Aria called as she patted the chair next to her. I breathed a breath of relief that it was across the table from where my mate sat, so i wouldn't be hounded with his amazing scent all night ads i tried to choke down a few votes of my food.

"Thank you." I whisper as i sit down in mt spot, which happened to be next to uncle Rian who gives me a small smile as a greeting. I smile back in return before setting my sore arm in my lap and reaching for my silverware with my other arm.

Uncle Rian reaches over and pulls my arm back and reaches for my silverware for me. He unwrap the silverware before handing me my fork.

"What do you want to eat?" He grumbled as he looks at me from the corner of his eyes. I know this is his way of saying that he is sorry, and even though i know he won't straight out say he is sorry, this is better then anything he could have said.

"I'll just have a little of the spaghetti." I say quietly as I point to the bowl of spaghetti sitting on the table next to Aria. Aria picks it up and hands it to me, I try and balance it with my left hand, but almost end up spilling it all over Uncle Rian in parts nerves and parts not being able to use my left hand for anything.

I wait as Uncle Rian puts a large scoop on my plate before silently beginning to eat. The room is silent, waiting dor someone to finally break the silence and start a conversation.

"Leonel, Jordan, Isaac, you never met the last of our pups, this is Ashton. He was in the infirmary earlier today when the three of you arrived." Papa finally says a few seconds later. I stop chewing and set my fork on my plate quietly.

"Hello." I speak quietly as I continue to stare at my plate, my hands in my lap.

"Its nice to meet you, Ashton. I'm Leonel. I'm sure that we will get to know eachother far more in the coming days that we are here." I look up and my eyes clash with Leonel's. I can now see that they are a dark brown that matches perfectly with his hair and personality. I feel as if I could get lost in his eyes for years and never want to think about coming out of them.

"I'll hold you to that." Lenoel smirks at me before going back to eating his food. The other two warriors sitting next to him giving the two of us searching looks, obviously trying to determine what happened. My family couldn't be more oblivious. They wouldn't understand what I was trying to say, especially since thwy think that I haven't met Lenoel and his friends yet.

My heart blooms that longer I sit and eat and the longer that Lenoel doesn't reject me.

Could i have been wrong? Could I deserve someone like him in my life? Could I deserve the happiness that i have desperately clutched onto in hope that I would find it? Because I think i have.