Chapter Thirty

I watch as Leonel walks around the room, in only his underwear, as he packs our things back into the duffle bags we had brought with us to the castle.

“Why are you packing up? I thought we were staying for a few more days, that's why I brought tos much stuff to wear.” I finally asks after he has almost finished out lacking completely. I mainly was watching his muscles clench and unclench from bend over, but once I finally snapped out of it, I realized we have only been here for a single day.

“I'm not letting us stay here when he openly disrespected you in front of everyone who lives and works here, I don't care if he gets mad, he doesn't get to dictate my life. If I want to quit, then I am allowed the right to quit.” Leonel grits through his teeth.

Only an hour ago we had woken up from our first mating. I thought we would have stayed in bed all day and just relaxed, but after I had begun to drift off from the massage I was receiving, Leonel got up and began to furiously pack. I don't know if he knew I had been awake this whole time. He probably was hoping I would stay asleep.

“I love that you are sticking up for me, Leonel, but the king kind of seems a little crazy, what if he doesn't let you quit?” I ask. The king seemed very proud of choosing Leonel to be his head guard, I don't think he is going to let him go very easily.

“If he doesn't then we will leave and never come back. If he tries to keep us here, then I would kill him.” I stare at Leonel wide eyed but don't respond. He would seriously kill the King because of what he said to me?

“Leonel…..” I watch as he begins to tug on more clothes that he left out of the bag, obviously for us to wear today, before he turns and begins to head for the door. Leonel turns when he hears me say his name.

“Get changed, when I get back, we are leaving as soon as possible.” I nod as I watch him leave the room. I get out of the bed and look through the clothes he has left out for me. I roll my eyes when I see it is a pair of tight fitted jeans, that I know show off my ass, and a tight t shirt. I rummage through my bag and find some comfortable joggers and a loose t shirt to go on. I know Leonel won't be happy about me not wearing what he put out, but if we are going to be in a plane, I am not going to be wearing those kind of clothes.

I had just finished changing when I hear pounding on the door. Leonel had been gone for maybe five minutes, he wouldn't be back by now, and he wouldn't have knocked, he would have just come in. I frown as I look at the door, wondering if I ever heard a knock at all. I flinch when the door seems to shake from the force of the second knock, so someone really is outside the door.

I walk to the door and take a deep breath before I open it. There are three people in this castle that I already dislike with a passion, knowing my luck it's going to be one of them. Opening the door, I see Laura on the other side with tears running down her red face. I frown harder as I look at her before taking a step away when she lets out a sad little sob.

“What are you doing here, Laura?” I ask quietly as I close the door a little so it is only big enough for my head to fit through and my body is hidden behind it. For some reason the look on her face is making me a little uneasy.

“You, you are making him leave, you made him leave. He is leaving me, because of you! YOU ARE LYING TO HIM, YOU AREN'T HIS MATE, I AM, YOU ARE TAKING MY MATE AWAY FROM ME.” Laura's voice starts out meak, but by the end of her sentence she is screeching so loud that I am having to cover my ears in right that she might burst my sensitive ear drums. I blink at her in surprise. She really is mental, she really thinks Leonel is her mate.

“You need to calm down. He isn't your mate, he is my mate. I love Leonel and he love me. We have marked and mated each other, our wolves wouldn't have let us is we weren't mates.” I try and reason as I slowly back up from the door she has pushed opened with her hands which have changed into claws from anger. Laura's breathing is heavy as she walks into the room, I know I have to find some way to calm her down or somehow knock her out, and honestly the latter is sound much better right now.

“You are LYING. Leonel is my mate. I love him, he loves me! He would never mate to someone as dirty as you!” I wince away from her when one of her claws spreads through the loose shirt I am wearing and into my skin. I look around to see if there is anything I can hit her with and to get her away from me, I only see our duffle bag though, and she would be able to dodge it before I could even hit her.

I finally see a decorative statue that I could use, I just have to get to the other side of the room to get it, and by the looks of it, Laura is trying to back me into a corner so she can maul me to pieces and take what she assumes is hers. She doesn't realize that she has already hurt me, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to stop Leonel before he kills her for hurting me.

I'm just going to have to run for it, dodge her claws, and hit her over the head with the statue, that is the best I can do. I'm not very good a controlling my shift yet, and I don't want to kill her, just knock her out so that she won't kill me.

I fake going to the right and run to the left, having to hold in my laugh when I see she had fully turned to the right and didn't even see me start running the other direction. I jump on top of the bed and off of it quickly before grabbing the statue and turning it around, I have just enough time to lift it over my head and bring it down to hers.

Laura falls down at my feet, I can feel her breath brushing over my feet, so I know she is still alive. I drop the statue and wince when it hits Laura in the head again, but snap my head I when I hear a gasp.

A group has crowded around my door, and they had just seen me knock out some girl that they probably all know and love. One of the maids at the door looks at me before turning around and rushing from my room, I'm assuming to go tell the king that I have hurt one of their fellow maids. If Leonel and I thought that leaving this place was going to be hard before, then it is definitely going to be even worse now.