Chapter Eleven

I feel as if I should get used to waking up in the infirmary, seeing as the past week I have spent more time in here than I have in my whole life. Sadly, this is the time in my life where I don't really want to be spending all of my time cooped up in the infirmary.

I want to be with my Mate. Even if my family doesn't know that Leonel and I are mates yet, they have noticed that I have been increasingly crankier every time they have come because Leonel has decided to not visit me while I have been in the infirmary.

Daddy said he had asked if he has wanted to come on a few occassions, but that he always brushes him off and tells him that he will come if he had time.

I understand that the reason he is here isn't me, but he could at least act like he genuinely cares about me instead of ignoring me and acting as if I don't mean any more to him than the dirt on the bottom of his shoes.

You could say that I am holding a small grudge. Actually, not a small one, a very big and large one that is going to explode on a moments notice.

After spending another two days in the infirmary, my burn is almost completely gone. The scar is going to forever be in my arm, a constant reminder of my stupidity and another scar to add to the many I have collected over the years.

My mind flashes back to the dark times I was going through right before Mason showed up and changed my whole world for the better. I remember all the dark nights I would sit in my bedroom, crying to myself for all the shit I went through, and all the shit I was putting myself through.

I haven't cut myself since Mason helped me. Sometimes I think about it. How it helped with all the pain and heartache I was going through, but then I realized that that is what I did when I was weak. I hurt myself because I was weak and couldn't handle the pain.

I vowed to myself that I wouldn't ever be that weak ever again.

"Do you want me to come help you get settled in your room? Or do you think you will be okay?" I turn and give Mason a small smile. He has been by my side fussing over me as if I was his mate, it's funny watching Charles get all upset about all the attention I am getting from his mate, but I have really appreciare all that Mason has been doing for me, and Charles knows he has been helping me and that I see him as my older brother and not as a love interest.

"I think I'll be fine. I feel a lot better. The pain isn't even there." Mason narrows his eyes for a second before nodding.

"Alright, but if you need help with anything, anything at all, you mind link or call me right away." I nod in affirmative before leaving the room.

Once I leave the infirmary wing I breath in the scent of fresh air. I love all the help I got from all og the doctors and nurses, but I am happy to be out of the white walls that have seemed to have caged me in for the past three days.

I can't wait to get to my room and take a nice nap on my own bed in my own sheets in clothes that dont feel like paper rubbing against my skin.

I walk into my room amd instantly change into my softest pj's that I own before walking over to my bed. I frown when I see a handwritten note on my bedside table.

Ashton, I'm sorry I haven't come to visit you yet, but I have been extremely busy since my arrival and I didn't know if you would be comfortable with me telling your family about us. I promise in the next few days I will have a minute to talk to you.

Leonel

I scoff before ripping the sheet of paper up. He might find a minute for me in the next few days? Does he not realize how wrong that is?

I roll my eyes as I close my blinds quickly before snuggling underneath the soft sheets and blankets that cover my bed, sleep soon claims me.