Chapter Thirty-Five

The plane ride back is quiet, I'm stuck in my thoughts about how I am going to share my childhood with Leonel. I almost wish I could back out, not say anything about it and hope he never learns of my childhood, but I don't want to lie to him either. Leonel won't drop the subject and if I decide to not tell him then I would have to lie about what I was going to say.

I don't want to lie to him. I don't want to lie to Leonel.

Leonel seems stuck in his own thoughts. I don't blame him. He just left his job that he worked so hard and accomplished so much for, just for me. I couldn't ask for a better mate.

Xxxxx

When we get home, I'm not expecting the reaction we get. All of my family seems severely shook about something and all of the pack keeps giving me weird looks, as if they didn't know a side of me that they are now seeing. We have only been home for about ten minutes, and I have already had enough.

“Why is everyone looking at me as I I became a mass murderer?” I finally snap as Daddy hugs me for the fifth time since we have gotten back. Everyone seems to freeze for a second before turning to Charles, who huff when he sees he has been chosen to speak.

“It was all over the news about what happened. There was a lot of superstition that you had killed some maid in the castle and that you were being sent back to have your last goodbyes with your pack.” I frown as I look at Charles before looking at the rest of my family. Did they really think that I would kill someone?

“I can assure you,” Leonel says once he sees that I am frozen in my spot and am not in the mindset to say anything. “That Ashton did what he had to do to protect himself. That being said, no, he did not kill anyone. The maid attacked him in our room and he defended himself.” Everyone seems relieved when they hear our side of the story, but it still stings lightly knowing that they did think of it at one point in time.

“I knew there wasn't any way that my baby would ever hurt someone. You're too good for that.” I smile at Daddy as my mood lightens. Maybe they didn't want to believe the news, but they didn't know what to think?

“Thanks Daddy.” I say softly as I lean more into Leonel's side. Daddy's eyes brighten when he watches us before nodding to me and Leonel, as if he is silently agreeing that he approves of our relationship. I know him and Ppa were nervous about Leonel being so much older then me, but the mate bond doesn't care about age, or gender.

“Ashton and I are going to go lay down for a while. The trip back has taken a lot out of the both of us.” What Leonel says is true. But I know that our fatigue isn't the reason that we are leaving. Leonel is still remembering when I blurted out that I wanted to tell him of my past. My stomach clenches in fear, but I quickly push it back and I smile and give my goodbyes to my family.

Leonel takes my hand and leads me to a different part of the house from where my room is, so I can only assume that we are going to his room for our chat. It makes more sense, we will have more privacy since he and the other two warriors he came with are the only ones who love on this side of the house since they are, were I guess, visitors.

“I don't want you to feel as if you are pressured to tell me about your past. I know it hasn't been a good childhood for you, that you battled a lot of demons. Just know, that whenever you are ready, I'll always be here to listen, and I'll support your decision if you chose not to tell me.” Tears fill my eyes are Leonel's heartfelt words. Only he can make me so happy and upset at the same time.

“I do want to tell you, I just don't know where to start. What to say?” I respond to him. Leonel smile at me as he grabs both of my hands and pulls me into his chest. His arms wrap around me and hold me to him. It makes me feel safe and comforted. Even when I didn't know what I needed, Leonel did.

“Just start from the beginning. That's always a good place to start.” I scoff at Leonel before leaning back into him, thinking just how I am going to word the hell that I went through in the first four years of my life. And how I am the only one who remembers it beside Daddy.