Epilogue

Two years later

I gasp as a twisting stabbing pain flares up in my lower stomach, my hands immediately go to the swollen skin stretched around the baby growing in my stomach. Could today be the day? The day that we finally introduce our little bundle of joy to the rest of the family?

“Leonel, wake up! It's time.” Leonel shoots up in bed from where he was sleeping next to me. His eyes are wide and he turns to look at me, his eyes flickering from my eyes to my stomach, which I am still holding with my hand.

It took a few seconds for him to react, but then he is up and running around the room, grabbing everything we had set out for when this day came. Of course it wasn't meant for another week, but Leonel had been very paranoid about everything being completely ready because we weren't sure how things were going to go. Leonel rushes out the door and I roll my eyes as I lay back down on the bed, waiting for my nervous mate to realize that he can't have a baby without the person who is holding the baby in his stomach.

Leonel come screeching back into the room, I can see a faint blush on his cheeks, knowing it isn't from running around the room at a speed one would only wish they could run at, but knowing it's because he is embarrassed that he left me here.

“Back so soon?” I tease and I lift my head a little to send a smirk in Leonel's direction. Leonel growls at me but rushes to my side and pulls me into his arms. I want to complain that I can walk on my own, but I know that Leonel won't listen to a single word that comes out of my mouth right now, he is too nervous to finally become a daddy.

I mind link daddy to tell him what is going on, knowing that as soon as I go into the operating room to have my c-section, it was already determined that I wasn't going to be pushing a baby out of my ass, that Leonel would not be able to think clearly enough to inform our family of what is happening. Not that he thinks clearly any other time of the day in his everyday life.

“Leonel to have this baby I need to be able to be with a doctor, so you better hurry up.” I groan out to him as he carries me across the pack house to where hopefully their is a pack doctor to help me out, or help the little bundle out of my stomach I could say.

“I'm going as fast as I can, I don't want to make it so that you are bumbling all over the place in my arms. It could hurt the pup, or you. I don't want that to happen….” Leonel continues to mumble to himself as he races to the pack doctor. Yelling out for help when we finally get there. I roll my eyes as everyone turns to look at us, assuming that something drastically bad happened, when in reality I'm just in labor.

The nurse takes me into the back room and gets me prepped for the surgery. Leonel looks as if he is going to faint as he eyes all of the medical tools that are lined up neatly on a tray next to my hips. I just grab his hand and give it a tight squeeze, mainly to reassure him, but also because these contractions really are a bitch.

When the doctor finally does come I am on my last inch of sanity. Leonel is hyperventilating like a teen boy who is hearing the sex speech from his parents and the doctor keeps asking me how I am an I just want to yell in all of their faces that I want the pup out of my stomach and into my arms. Of course, I don't, and I remain sane for the while longer before the doctor begins the surgery.

I watch as Leonel's face changes as he watches the doctor cut into my swollen stomach and then the amazement as he watches the little baby being pulled from inside of its womb.

“It's a girl!” The doctor announces and he hands the baby off to one of the nurses. We agreed that Leonel would go with the pup after he or she had been born and he would bring him or her back with him and we would all sleep together. As a family.

Leonel kisses my forehead and then is racing off after the nurse as the doctor begins to stitch me up. I feel the pain medication begin to kick in, and in an instant I am passed out on the bed.

“Look at your Daddy, Baby. Isn't he so pretty? He is going to love you and your cute little nose, your beautiful blue eyes and you cute pink lips. I bet he isn't going to be able to take his eyes off of you. We are going to have such a hard time keeping all of the boys away from you when you get older.”

“She is never allowed to date.” I whisper as I open my eyes. Leonel turns to look down at me, and for the first time I see my baby girl. She is just as pretty as Leonel was describing her, I am going to have a hard time keeping my eyes off of that pretty little face.

“Harper Mae.” I say suddenly, causing Leonel to look down at me. He raises an eyebrow as he turns back to look at our baby girl.

“I want her name to be Harper Mae.” I elaborate as I see Leonel is still somewhat confused.

“I love it, so beautiful for a beautiful girl.” We continue to look at out little Harper May. I know that our love was great, but with Harper in our lives, I feel our love consuming my whole being, making it so strong that I know that nothing will ever break up apart.

I never thought I was good enough for love, but Leonel became my Love Cure, and for that, I'll never be able to thank him enough.