Chapter Thirteen

"Holy shit, I can't believe you just did that!" I whisper shout to Mason as we hide inside of my closet.

Of course it isn't awesome how the two of us are cramped inside of my small closer hiding from Charles who seems to be out for blood. If the yelling and growling are any indication to his current mood.

"I don't know what came over me. I just knew you have been dealt too much crap in your life and knew you deserved better. I guess I still have somewhat of a rebellious streak in me." Mason admitted shyly as he rubbed his hand on the back of his neck.

"You may not live rouge anymore, and no one blames you for it, but you'll always have the mindset in you to protect yourself and the ones you hold close, because you lost a lot and you don't want to lose anymore." I say quietly as I stare at the door. I wish I didn't have to go through the crap I went through, but I know it has molded me to where I am now, and it will mold me to where I will be later in life.

"I guess thats what makes us such good friends, brothers. We understand the pain we each went through, and we would do anything to make the other forget. We would do anything for the ones we love and care about so that they wouldn't have to ever go through what we rememeber so vividly." Mason responds back as he turns to look at me. We share a sad understanding smile before the moment is broken by the doors being thrown open.

Mason and I both scream as we are pulled out of the closet and thrown onto my bed, causing the both of us to bounce up and down and clash into eachother with our limbs flailing everywhere.

"Goddammit, Charles. I swear, no sex for a month." Mason swears as he pushes his self up into a sitting position. I follow after him and see Charles quickly trying to hide the horror that filled his eyes.

"How am I the one at fault here. You barge into a very important meeting, slap one of our guest. Then proceed to walk out and hide inside of my brothers closet with him for half an hour when you no doubt heard me telling for you. I have no idea what your problem is, but you are going to tell me now!" Charles demands, using his alpha authority at the end so we have to tell him, but somehow, it doesn't work on Mason, who begins to swear him out while I whimper next to him.

"The guy is a fucktard. Seriously! He cannot be mad that I slapped him. That is the least of his worried if he doesn't get his stupid priorities straight. I don't care if he is the king himself, he needs to realize that what he has been doing is wrong. I'm not sorry for what I did, even though I did overreact a little, I won't take back what I did because I think what I did was right." Mason finishes as he pulls me into his side and runs his hand in my hair. Trying to calm me, and my wolf down from being chastised by our alpha.

I feel Charles' anger slowly fade the longer we sit in silence. Finally he sits on the other side of me and grabs onto my hand.

"I promise I'm not mad anymore, but will someone tell me what happened so that when the king demands my head I'll know what happened and the king won't have a reason to kill me?" Charles asks quietly. Mason nudges me, silently telling me that I have to tell him since it is my own story to tell. I take a deep breath before opening my mouth.

"Leonel is my mate. He just wrote me this note, saying he would try to make time for me, and it made me mad, because I never hear you or Mason saying how you need to make time for eachother, as if it's a chore. Daddy and Papa are always together, they never want to be apart, so I just didn't understand what was wrong with me that made him not want to be around me. I told Mason what had happened, and you know the rest." Charles is quiet but the tightening of his hand on mine shows me he isn't completely immune to his anger like he wants to be.

"There isn't anything wrong with you, Ashton. He doesn't realize what he is missing. If he thinks that you are a chore, then he really doesn't deserve you." Charles says quietly before standing up. He tugs Mason to stand up too before looking at me.

"This is something the two of you need to work out. I don't want to see you in pain from this, and I don't want to have to fight the asshole for the way he has been treating you. Figure it out before it destroys the both of you." With those words of encouragement Charles pulls Mason out of the room with him.

I flop back in my bed and close my eyes. I wish I could just close my eyes and all of my problems could be fixed and my life could be flowers and candy. Of course, that's not my life, because I hate candy, and flowers make me sneeze.

I'll have to figure out a way to make my problems dissapear, but that is hard when one of my main problems is my mate, because I don't want him gone, I want him next to me. I want him next to me and that is the problem, he doesn't have time for me, as he says, so maybe I'll just have to make him some time.

With that thought in mind i begin to think up my evil plan to cause my mate to fall in love with me, but not without feeling jealous first of course.