Chapter Four

The next morning I wake up in severe pain. My arm feels as if the skin will peal away from the home if I do anything wrong with it. The feeling of fire running up and down my arm. I feel as if I could wield fire with the way I feel it coursing through my arm. I must have passed out from all of the pain I was experiencing last night, luckily I made it it my bed before I passed out.

Someone knocks on the door. I open my mouth to answer them but all that comes out is a pain-filled groan. The person I'm the other side giggles before opening the door and walking in.

I quickly hide my arm under the blanket when I realize it is Daddy walking in the room. He would blow a gasket if he knew that I hid an ingury this severe from the doctors, let alone my family. One time, I tried to hid a large scrape that i had gotten about a year ago, and he burst out crying about how I felt like I needed to keep everything to myself because I didn't trust them to help me. That isn't the case, I just think it's unfair that they have to hear me complain about miniscule things such as a cut. Daddy went through so much more pain then me, he gets the right to complain.

"Hey, baby. I wanted to come tell you that breakfast is ready. If you feel like coming down and eating, that is. I just wanted to make sure you knew, seems as if everyone didn't notice your presence was missing with the way they were inhaling their food." I force a chuckle but deep inside somewhere I feel my already fragile heart break a little more. They didn't notice that I was missing. They didn't care.

"I'll be down in a few minutes." I say lowly as I clench my teeth together to keep in my grunts of pain. Daddy give me a weird look but turns and leaves the room, shutting the door softly behind him.

I flop back in the bed. Exhausted from the discussion we just had. Now Daddy is expecting me at breakfast, meaning I have to get up and get down there.

I let my arm lay limp by my side, any way that I even move it the skin pulls tight and makes tears fill my eyes. I quickly brush my teeth, ignoring my messy hair and walking back out of the bathroom. I grab a sweat shirt and take a deep breath before sliding it over my head and pushing both of my arms through the holes.

I hold in my howls of pain, falling to my knees so I can bury my face into the ground just in case a noise does slip out. I let out a final gasp before standing up and wiping the tears that had leaked down my face before stumbling out of my room and down the stairs.