Chapter Nineteen

“Thank you for the date, I really liked it.” I told Leonel as he walked me to my room after we had gotten back. Leonel smiled at me, but I could see it was forced. I don't know what I did since we left but he seems to have closed down on me again. I don't know if I am ever going to w with this man that is so bent on me not being in his life.

“I guess I'll see you soon.” I grumble as I walk into my room and shut the door behind me. Leomel stands there for a few minutes and it causes my heart to beat harder knowing that he could still waiting for me to come back out.

As soon as I stand back off my bed, though, Leonel is abruptly leaving from my door and down the hallway quickly, as far away as he can get from my room. I sit back down on my bed deflated.

I don't know what i did wrong that he doesn't want to open up to me about, I thought everything was going well. We were having fun dancing and listening to the music, but then he just kind of froze and said that we needed to go back home for the night. I didn't question him but I could tell something was wrong in the car when he glared at my hand when I went to turn up the music a little bit to get rid of the awkward silence. Ever since then he hadn't spoken a word to me and he was back to wearing the blank mask that I always seem to find on his face when he is around others.

I make a grunt slash grown as I fall back onto my bed and I fight to keep the tears in, I really thought that I had done a good job tonight of not making myself looking like a fool. I thought that I had a chance with Leonel, I really did. Now, I'm not so sure, if he won't speak with me, I doubt that he would be willing to Mate with me. I don't know what I am going to tell everyone, I know Aria and Mason will be here any moment to ski me how it went, but all I want to do is crawl underneath my bed and hide away from anyone who exist.

When hear footsteps outside of my room, that is exactly what I do. I crawl underneath my bed and hold my breath, knowing that if I breath too loud that whoever is in my room might find me hiding here.

The feet stop at the end of my bed before suddenly a face is right next to mine. I gasp as I flinch away from the face and blush when I realize who it is.

“Why are you underneath the bed, Ashton, you don't sleep under it, you sleep on it.” I gaas back at Leonel. The first words he spoken to me since we headed home and they are are sarcastic and slightly rude.

“I know that, you shit.” I spit as I crawl back out from under the bed and stand as far away as I can from Leonel without making it obvious of what I am doing, but Leonel being Leonel notices every little thing that I do, even if he isn't there to witness what happened.

“Excuse me?” Leonel asked as he face grew dark, I know he doesn't like it when I swear, but I am too upset to even try and care about what he likes and doesn't like me doing when I am around him.

“I said, I know that, you shit.” I say louder and slower as if Leonel had somehow become stupid. Leonel doesn't seem amused as he grabs my arm and flings me into my bed, he crawls up and over my body before pinning my arms down to the bed as he hovers over me.

“I told you I don't like it when swear words come out of your mouth, Ashton, so why do you continue to go against what I tell you?” Leonel asks as he bend low so the tips of our noses brush against each other but no other par besides his hands on my wrist are touching. His heat envelopes me everywhere on my body, but I know we are not touching because I don't feel the electricity that would shoot through my body if we were.

“You can't tell me what to do, I am my own person and I'll make my own fucking choices!” I seeth as I stare at Leonel with wide eyes. Leonel growl as his hands tighten on my wrist.

“I don't know where your attitude suddenly come with, but I don't appreciate it or the way you are speaking to me.” Leonel sneers right back at me. I scoff as I wiggle below him trying to push him off of my body.

“Well, I guess you are in for a rude awakening because this is how I always act, maybe you made a mistake by not rejecting me.” I say quietly as I avert my gaze so I am staring at the blank wall once again. Leonel’s grip loosens on my wrist, causing me to look back at him, desperately trying to hold in the tears threatening to spill over onto my cheeks. The next words that could come from Leonel’s mouth could either make, or break our relationship, and if I am going to have to live out the rest of my life alone.