Chapter Twenty-Six

I'm currently freaking out. Leonel just left to go say his hellos to whoever there is to say hello to here, and I'm currently drowning in my thoughts.

Leonel wants to mate with me, tonight. I'm nervous because I am a virgin, and the scars that Leonel is bound to see.

Even though I am a shifter, and most wounds do heal within an hour of getting them, when I was younger, and in the old pack, those scars never left, those scars still litter my body. I've never told anyone about the scars, not even daddy, who I know has his own share of scars from that dreadful place.

Now, with the idea that someone is going to end up seeing those scars, I wish I would have told someone about them, so I could have been told that they don't label me as someone I'm not, but now I am going to have to try and hide them from Leonel when I am suppose to be happy with what we are doing, we are mating. It's one of the best moment in a werewolf's life, along with having pups and seeing your pups getting their mates and so on. This is suppose to feel perfect, but how can it be perfect when I don't feel perfect. I don't feel as if I should have this kind of perfect, but Leonel wants to give it to me, and I want to take it.

This would be the first time in my life that I have finally had something I've wanted for a long time. I'm going to feel the love of someone. I know my family loves me, but I have pushed myself away so much that they have finally stepped back and let me be alone, but in reality I just wanted someone to step up and tell me that I couldn't do this, I couldn't back away from people who will love me no matter what I am, no matter what.

I hope Leonel can be that person, the person who finally takes me away from the thoughts that hold me captive while I'm awake and asleep.

With those thought plaguing my mind I fall into a troubled sleep.

XxxxxxxX

“Ashton, baby, wake up.” I groan as I throw a hand over my eyes. I feel as if I had just fallen asleep, and when I peek open and eye and look at the alarm clock next to the bed, it shows I've only been asleep for an hour.

Leonel is sitting on the side of the bed, smiling down at me. I blush as I advert my eyes, knowing that soon we will be doing other things then just laying in this bed.

Leonel’s hand comes and brushes back some of my hair that has fallen down my forehead while I have been sleeping. I blush harder as I finally look up at him. Leonel only smiles softly at me before leaning down and kissing me sweetly on the lips.

The kiss lasts for a while, with gentle nudges here and there with our noses and our touches brushing against each others softly. Over all, it's seems to be a promise that Leonel will always take care of me. Sadly, Leonel does pulls away and places his forehead on mine, our breaths mixing as we stare into each other's eyes.

“It's time for dinner. They are probably waiting for us to come down. The King was very excited to meet you when I told him I brought my mate with me.” I surprised he has already told the king about me, and that he is willing for us to meet when I literally just told him not to long ago that he might not believe us when we say we are mates.

“And before you say anything I told him we haven't mated yet because we were taking things slow. I haven't mentioned that I will be giving up my position though, so I could be with you and your family in your pack, I think he assumes that you will be moving here and living with me.” Leonel shrugs as he stands up and stretches a little before reaching down and pulling me off of the bed.

“Come on, we've held them up long enough, it's time to go.” I pout but follow Leonel out of the room, I can only hope that the king does like me, or when Leonel breaks the news that he will be leaving, all of this will go down the drain.