Chapter Twenty

Leonel and I stare at each other. Leonel seems to be thinking of what to say, and I am bracing myself for what might come out of his mouth. I can think of all of the situations that this could end in, I could end up Mateless and not have a bright future, or I could end up with a Mate and a future that has so much happiness that it would drown out all the darkness currently suffocating me.

“I'm never going to reject you, Ashton. You annoy the hell out of me sometimes, and challenge everything I've ever known, but that doesn't mean I am going to reject you. I just, don't know what I am suppose to do with you.” Leonel admits as he lays down so our bodies are flushed together. His face goes into my neck and nuzzles the skin where he would soon lay his mark, if he would lay his mark.

“You're just supposed to be here, to be happy when I'm happy, give me comfort when I'm upset or sad. Hold me when I need to be held, congratulate me when I accomplish something, be annoyingly possessive to where I want to strangle you, but I secretly love it because it makes me know I'm wanted. I want you to be there in the morning when I wake up, I just want you. I'll do the same for you, if you let me in, if you let yourself be with me. You could be happy with me, isn't that what everyone wants, happiness?” I ask as i wrap my arms around Leonel's back, pulling him closer to my body, even though it might not even be possible.

“I've never don't that with anyone before, I don't know how well I'll be at it.” Leonel mumbles in my neck. Goosebumps rise, along with my blush, but I force it aside as I pet Leonel’s soft hair to calm him down.

“I've never done it with anyone either. So, we will learn together, how does that sound?” Leonel pulls up and gives me a small smile before leaning in slowly to my lips, his eyes locked on mine, asking silent questions that I don't know how to answer. Finally. Our lips touch in a soft moment. Too soon, it is over. Leonel is pulling away and is smiling down at me, as if I've solved all of his problems in the world.

“How did you know all about that, love, if you've never been in love before?” Leonel asks as he runs the back of his hand down the side of my cheeks. I blush as I look down at our bodies, noticing for the first time that we are touching in every place imaginable.

“I watch the way my parents interact with each other, and my brother and Mason. I know they love each other and they do the exact things that I just told you. I've grown up around people who love each other so deeply, that I feel as if I know everything there is to make a relationship last between two people. Plus, I read a lot of romance novels in my free time.” Leonel smirks down at me before rolling over to lay at my side.

“Would it be okay if I stay in here tonight and cuddle with you? I don't think it would be to wise to go to my room tonight after all that happened between the two of us.” I smile at Leonel before nodding. I'm slightly nervous to be spending the night with my mate, but I know he wouldn't do anything to harm me or wouldn't take advantage of me, I know I have nothing to be scared about when he is around me.

We climb up to the top of the bed and shuffle under the covers. Neither of us care that we are still wearing our clothes that we had on on our date, we just want to hold each other in our arms. We just want to be together in any way that we can.

Right now, we are two lovers. Not the damaged little boy and the dominant king warrior. We are together, and no one is here to witness the opening in of our hearts. No one is here to witness our two hearts slowly beating in unison, as if they are one. No one is here to witness us.