Chapter Thirty-Six

“My father, Zorro was the omega of a pack a few territories away from here. Back then, omegas were rare because they were being killed off so easily by the rogues and no one was able to give birth to an omega unless the moon goddess allowed so. So, my father was a rare breed, and either an omega was treated as if they were an Alpha, utmost respect, showered in gifts, everyone loved them. Or, they were treated as if they were garbage, too weak to protect themselves or the pack, like maids. Daddy was treated like the latter.”

“The pack daddy grew up in was harsh, they had strict rules and no one was allowed to break, or there was strict consequences. No physical, mental, sexual, or emotional abuse was allowed to any member of the pack. Unfortunately, the rules did it apply to the omegas. The Alpha, beta, and some other warriors of the pack sexually abused my father. That's how Charles became the Alpha, because his father was the Alpha of our old pack. Saren and Coal were the beta’s children, Aria and I don't know who our father really is, Daddy said that a lot of the days, and a lot of the punishments kind of mixed together so he wasn't quite sure who our father could have been. The beta though, made Daddy give birth to Coal without any medical help, so daddy became infertile for a long time, Papa says now it was because the moon goddess was trying to help him, but it only made the beta more upset with Daddy.”

“I was four when Daddy finally had enough, he had come back from getting Charles after he had run off, and the beta had been beating Aria and I. Daddy never realized what he truly did to us, seeing as he never saw the beta really hit us, but daddy took the punishment, and then he took us, and ran.”

I'm startled out of my story when I feel a hand start to run up and down the middle of my back. Leonel is giving me an encouraging smile and I just now realize the tears that are dripping down my face. I take a deep breath as I get ready for the next part of the story of my life.

“We lived in the woods for a few weeks. Daddy hunted for us, he protected us the best he could, but a rogue found us one day, daddy had been out getting food, and the rogue found us. Daddy came back, but the rogue had already sliced up aria pretty back on her stomach. Daddy ran to get help, and showed up with a man who claimed he was the beta of the pack nearby. He brought us to the pack house and cleaned us up, gave us a room, and food, and warmth. It was the first time in my life that I felt emotion that was loving besides what Daddy had given us.”

“We lived here, Daddy met Papa and they realized they were mates, but then we were attacked by Daddy's old pack, but Daddy was able to defeat them and kept all of us safe. We felt secure and happy, but I always remembered what had happened to us, and I was the only one besides Daddy who remembers. I don't know why I did, Papa said that the others probably have it blocked from their memories because it was so traumatic, but I don't understand why I was the one to remember? Did I do something wrong that I deserved this kind of punishment? If I did, I would do anything to erase it so that I won't have to remember anymore.”

Leonel pulls me into his lap after I have finished my story. He continues to comfort me by rubbing my back and saying soft words of praise in my ear. It's so nice for him to be here for me, I didn't think that I would ever have something like this in my life.

“I love you Leonel, and thank you for always being by my side.” I say softly into his ear and I feel myself begin to drift off from the rollercoaster of emotions that are rolling through my stomach. I feel Leonel smile before he mouths the same words back to me against my neck. I fall asleep with a content smile on my face, knowing that I'll always have Leonel to keep me safe.