Chapter Thirty-Two

“I'm not going to lie to either of you, Ashton, I don't like you, and I don't think that I ever will like you. I send my head warrior out to watch over your pack because your father and I are good old friends, back in the olden days where ruling a kingdom wasn't even on my agenda, and then Leonel comes back, from your pack with you, and he wants to leave because he found his mate, who could stay here in the castle with him as he does his job, but no, he has to take my best warrior and make him leave me and his kingdom just because he doesn't want to be away from his family.” The king starts off as he continues to lean so back in his chair I would be surprised if he feel over, although he is the king, I would still laugh if that happened. I want to argue that it wasn't my choice really to stay back in my pack, Leonel was the one to say he would give up his job to come and stay with me.

“Also, you come in here and I have some of my loyalist guards and maids upset because you are here and with Leonel. Now, I've got a maid in the infirmary because she was hit over the head with a miniature statue by you.” The king continues as he finally sits up and rubs a hand down his face. It makes ,e pout because I was really hoping he would lose his balance and fall.

“I did what I thought I had to do to protect myself. She would have killed me if I had given her the chance to. If I hadn't subdued her like I did, then I might be the one in the infirmary and I would have more than a bump on my head.” I say softly, knowing that if I came out defensive with the whole thing that the king might jury get more mad and give me a worse sentence.

“Sadly, we have cameras with audio in every room, so we heard and saw what she was doing to you and yes, you were acting in self defense. Legally, I can't do anything to you except ask if you are okay. That doesn't mean I'm not upset with the whole matter, the whole castle are revolting, and it's all because of you, so we are going to sit in here and make up a plan as to how we are going to get things to calm down, and we aren't leaving until we do.” The king finally says. I see Leonel relax next to me as we both breathe out a sigh of relief. I don't think I have been happier to hear words coming out of the king's mouth then I am right now, usually he makes me irritated just by breathing.

It is kind of weird knowing that a camera with audio had recorded us when we were mating, but I guess if it wasn't for it, then I would be in the dungeons waiting for my trial to begin to decide my fate.

I close my eyes and smile slightly, I'm so glad that this is how this meeting ended. I guess that king isn't as cold hearted as I originally thought, he wouldn't kill an innocent man, or maybe it's because he knew he would have to go through Leonel and my insanely large family before he could even hurt me.

Leonel reaches over and grabs my hand. I turn to smile at him, completely elated that this is one step closer for us to our future, where it is the two of us and no one will be around to tell us any more about who we are suppose to be with or that we aren't meant for each other. This is the start to our new beginning.