Chapter Eighteen

After my third huge 'sample' of food, I was close to exploding, but Leonel kept putting food into my hands and I didn't have the heart to tell him I'm full when he has been doing anything he could to make this might perfect, especially since he refuses to let me pay for anything at all, not that I have any money.

"Leonel, do you want to go watch some of the performers?" I ask silently hoping he would say yes. I don't think I can secretly throw anymore food away.

"Yeah, sure. Do you want anything else to eat or drink before we sit down? Or will you be fine until we get home later?" Leonel seems to be trucking along nicely and is still currently eating a pulled pork sandwich he got for the both of us, but I said he could have it.

"No! I mean, I'm good, maybe later if I'm really still hungry." I wince at my eagerness to get away from all the food but Leonel only smiles down at me.

"Alright, come on. Let's get some good seats before the performance starts." I followed behind Leonel like a puppy as he pushed through all of the crowds. I didn't really care, i dont think anyone would move ig i was the one trying to push through.

How are there so mamy people here? I've never heard of this, of course i never went looking, but this seems to be a very popular event. Families, couples, abd ecen friends are all here having a good time together and i wonder if Leonel and I will ever come back again.

We soon find seats close to the front in the dead center so we wouldn't have to look over anyone's heads while trying to watch the performance.

"Why dont we just sit doen and talk, learn some more about each other before the performance starts?" Leonel suggested and he pulled the both of us down in our chairs. He turns so that our knees touch eachother and the electricity shoots everywhere through my body. The look Leonel gives me at my gasp is anything but innocent, but it soon simmers down when he sees my cheeks glimmering in embarrassment.

"What your favorite color?" Leonel asks me as he leans back and slowly puts his arm on the back of the chair. It's a classic move but somehow it still makes my heart flutter at his subtle flirting.

"Maroon. What about you?" I ask as I lean back into Leonel's arm causing him to let his hand sit on top of my shoulder, electricity once again coursing between our bodies once again.

"I think it would have to be a gray, not too dark, I'm not one of those guys that thinks that they have to be wearing all this black to prove they have a big dick. Anyways, what is your favorite season?" I stare at Leonel with wide eyes. His rant made me confused but decided to not question it and just continue with the conversation.

"I think i would say fall. Winter is too cold, summer is too hot, and spring is too wet. Fall is just the perfect medium between the seasons. You?"

"I think I would have to say fall, too. I like watching the leaves change, it's beautiful." I nod in agreement, leaves turning are simply beautiful.

As Leonel and I continue to talk, I realize how much we truly have in common. I never thought a man with his power would ever be able to connect with me on any level, much less with minimal things like the seasons or his preference of car, but apparently the moon goddess knows what she is doing, because think i met the other half to my broken soul and i don't ever want to give him up.