Chapter Sixteen

"Are you serious, what did he say? What did he do? How come you didnt tell me earlier that he was your mate? I would have kicked his ass for you, you know Charles can never get mad at me for anything." Aria exclaimed as she laid on my bed. I was trying to get ready for my date with Leonel when I realized i had no idea what to wear, so I decided it was time to bring my sister up to speed on all that had been happening for the past few days.

"It's been so stressful, I didn't even tell Mason about it until yesterday, and he drug it out of me, so I didn't really have the chance whether or not that i told him, but I'm happy he forced it out of me because then i probably wouldn't be going on this date right now." I admit as I sit down next to her. Aria sits up before laying her head on my shoulder.

"Tell me about him." She demands as she stands up and walk to my closet. I'm the one to sigh and flip back on my bed this time as i think of what to tell her.

"Well obviously you know that he is the king's personal guard, he is really intense, and handsome. Apparently he has some kinks, since he kept threatening punishments and spankings if I didn't stop rolling my eyes. He seems kinda possessive, but that is normal for male wolves with their mates. He said I'm not allowed to talk to Blake anymore because I flirted with him to make him jealous."

"You did not! Oh my gosh, I can just imagine, and kinks? Do you think that you would be okay with that?" Aria asks as she sets down a like pile of clothes next to me. I smile when I see my favorite sweater and some jeans.

"I've done some research on it, and they say that it can help you cope if you had a harsh childhood. I think it could really help me get over all of this." I say quietly. Aria nods as she stares at the wall in thought.

"I don't evsn rememeber any of it." And says quietly before turning to look at me again. "I don't know anything that you are going through. Why did you remember, but I didn't?" She asked quietly, once again turning to look at the empty wall.

"I wish I knew why I remembered. I wish I didn't." I since as I turn to look in the other direction as flashbacks flash in front of my eyes. I shake my head and close my eyes. I don't need this right now, not when I am going on a date with my mate in an hour.

"But, it's in the past, and if this could help me, then I could really be happy. Wouldn't it be nice to be happy?" I ask rhetorically. Aria eyes flicker my face for a few minutes before she smiles.

"It is nice to be happy. I wish you could be happy." With that she gives me a sad smile before standing up and walking out of the room. I watch her leave with a smile, knowing our relationship is still strong even though all of the times I've pushed her away from me. All of the dark moments when I refused her help simply because I didn't want her to remember. I was afraid that she would see me and she would be reminded of what happened to us, that I would sit there and tell her all of the things that happened to us because I didn't want to be alone in the grief, but then I wasn't alome, Mason opened me up to mamy different possibilities and helped me help myself so I didn't crash and burn.

I don't want any of my siblings to ever have to rememeber what I dream of every night. I want them to be happy. I know they wouldn't be happy with the knowledge of the things that float around my head every single day.

If I could make one single wish, it would be that they could keep their innocence for just one more day.