Chapter Seventeen

A knock on the door startles me out of my thoughts. I wipe my sweaty palms onto my now damp jeans before quietly walking to the door. I take a deep breath quick before pulling the door open slowly, knowing who is going to be on the other side once I get the door open.

"Hello, Ashton. I'm glad you took my advice." I blush as i look down at the ground. I know it probably wasn't right the way i got Leonel to finally notice me, but I was looking for the easiest and quickest way for it to happen. Now, I understand how i would have felt if I was in his position, watching my mate interact woth another wolf in a way that is more than friendly.

"Yes, I took your advice. Where are we going tonight?" I ask as i step out the door and into the hallway, causing our bodies to get extremely close since Leonel still hasn't moved back from where I answered the door.

"That's something for me to know and for you to find out once we get there.  I'm glad you dressed more casual, we aren't going to one of those boring dinner dates, what you are wearing is going to be perfect." I have Leonel a weird look before looking around his shoulder and make it known that I'm ready to go.

"Oh, sorry. I'm just...never mind." Leonel shakes his head as if he is trying to rid of his thoughts before turning and holding his arm up.

My eyes furrow in confusion and Leonel sighs as he grabs me hand and sets it into the crook of his elbow. I blush when I realize he is openly showing people that he is the dominant in the relationship, although i know there is no way i could possibly dominate the man who weighs almost double my weight and has double the muscle mass, but I still haven't told many people about our mating and I'm insecure about what people are going to think.

"Now, let's go on this date, shall we?" I turn and give Leonel a small shy smile to his answer, knowing he gets a kick out of making me embarrassed.

"Yeah, I'm ready."

XxxxxxxX

"Leonel, where are we going, we've been driving for a good hour and i still haven't seen anywhere where we could possibly be going. All I see are trees upon trees." I say as i flop back into my seat running my eyes in exhastion. I already fell asleep once on the drive and I don't want to fall asleep just in case Leonel decides to go back because he thinks I'm not enjoying the date.

"I promise we are almost there. I wouldn't bring you out here for a half assed date of just driving around. I promise you are going to love it." I huff but relax again in the seat, watching my surroundings closely so I can get the first view of what our date is going to be like.

"I'm not worried about a half assed date, I'm more worried about you killing me in the woods, where no one would find my body or hear my screams." I joke as i turn to see Leonel roll his eyes but smile at my joke.

"If I was going to kill you, I wouldn't draw it out. It would be quick and mostly painless." Leonel jokingly slices his hand across his neck, but i know his words hold truth. Leonel isn't an unfair man, he gives everyone a chance, and he doesn't do anything to a person who doesn't deserve it.

"Oh my gosh, no!" I say as we near to what I assume is going to be our date. Leonel turns and smirks at me before parking the car in the grass and telling me to wait so that he can open my door for me. I blush but continue to look around.

"What is this place?" I say as I grab Leonel's hand to help me out of the car, although i don't need the help, but I'll do it to appease him and his dominant ways.

"It's almost like a mix between a street fair and a farmers market. You can walk around and buy fresh goods, or you can get food to eat. There are also a few concerts that will be going on later." Leonel explains as we walk at a steady pace to where all of the brightly colored  booths sit.

"How did you find this place? It's amazing. Look at all the options for things to eat. I love it." I say as I squeeze Leonel' s hand. I was seriously expecting dinner and maybe some ice cream, but this is a million times better than what I expected.

"I did some research. I wanted to make this perfect, it is our first date after all." I lean against Leonel before dragging him to the closest booth.

I didn't realize that he would put so much thought into this, and it makes my heart bulge inside my chest and make me seem much lighter then I was earlier today.