Chapter Twenty-One

“I'm sorry, but I need to leave.” Leonel suddenly says as we lay entangled in each other on my bed. We have been up for hours but we have been content to just lay there and hold each other.

“Where are you going?” I i ask alarmed as i push up on an elbow so I am looking down at him. Leonel purses his lips before turning to his back and pulling me on top of his chest.

“My boss has called me to go back to the castle. He said that my services are needed.” I stare at him in shock. He is going to leave me here because he has to go back, to the castle? We aren't ever going to see each other.

“What about us? I wouldn't be able to move there and you can't be in two places at once.” I said and i fully sit up, I don't think it is very wise to be laying on him when he is giving me such bad news.

“I will talk to him, ask if maybe someone else can take my job. I made the mistake of not being with you this whole time, I want to be with you, forever. And you're right, I can't do that when I’m trying to be here and there at the same time.” Leonel’s words do make me feel somewhat better, but i know he is still going to leave for a while, the king isn't going to let his warrior general just leave because he found his mate. It's not realistic.

“I really wish you didn't have to leave. We are just beginning out our relationship and it doesn't seem fair that he just gets to take you away from ms. I wish life was more fair, but i guess I've always been the brunt of bad things happening to people.” I grumble as I cross my arms over my chest and letting my lower lip pop out in a pout. Leonel groans quietly to himself, but since I'm a werewolf much like him, I heard it.

“I don't want to leave either, babe, but I know that if I refuse to go back, he would punish me by saying our love is forbidden. I don't want to do that to you.” Leonel runs his hand through my hair calming me down just a tiny bit, but I'm still on edge with the whole thing.

“I would feel better maybe if i could come with you? Maybe it would help sway the king if he knew I'm actually real. It could work, and I could talk to him too, my family is very well-known compared to other packs in the world.” I say suddenly excited that I have found an idea to keep the both of us together. Leonel bites his lip as he stares at the wall behind my head. I know he isn't sure about my idea, but he also doesn't want to leave jow that we are finally together, which is his fault in all honesty.

“That could be a solution, but it could be even worse if I don't tell him about you coming, he could hold a grudge to you too, putting a face to the man that is taking me away.” Leonel argues as he gets off the head and begins to pace back and forth.

I watch him for a few seconds as he paces, watching his muscles bunch underneath his skin. I feel as if i could sit here everyday and watch this on a rewatch.

“Yes, but also we could do this as a way so he knows that I know this is a big loss for him and that I know he is going to have to fix a lot of  to fix this, but that I'm not ready to give up my mate when we finally started connecting. It shows that I don't want you to leave me, that I'm committed.” I also don't say how I might look desperate, but i don't care, if i get to keep my mate by my side, then I could care less about everything else in the world.

Leonel takes a deep breath and rubs his eyes. Finally he gives a resigned sigh before nodding his head. I jump around on the bed in excitement. I know that I need to be nervous, I'm going into the lion’s - well wolf - den and that i need to be prepared for all that could happen to me. I don’t care, because I’m doing what I can to help my mate have a life with me, and that's all that matters.