Chapter Twenty-Two

“Are you sure that you're ready for this? I don't want you going off on your own and getting hurt, again, or getting kidnapped or lost somewhere. I don't want you to regret this.” Daddy said as he helped me zip up my overflowing suitcase. I'm only allowed one since we are going on a plane - my first plane ride ever! - and we only paid for the one bag, although i'm pretty sure that am over the weight limit.

“I promise Daddy, if I want my mate, this is what I am going to have to do. I know I've never been away from home, and I'm going to miss everyone like hell, but I'll call and text, keep in touch, but i know this is what I need to do. I need to prove to the king that I don't care that he is the king, and that I am going to fight for my mate. Will you support me in this?” Daddy seemed to be confused at my question. He grabs my shoulders and pulls me forward so our foreheads are touching each other's and our eyes are connected.

“Papa and I would support you in anything you want to do.  If this is something you know you need to do, then you do it, and show everyone that you are a strong man who takes what he wants and doesn't give a shit about anyone who gets in his way. I know your guys relationship started a little rocky, but after your date, I've seen the change in the two of you, you both seek each other out - even if the other isn't in the room - and the smiles on your faces when you do see each other, it makes me go back to when Papa and I first met. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, we support your relationship because it makes you happy, and all we want for you is to be happy, and you find that happiness in Leonel.” A single tear rolls down my cheek as i pull away from Daddy. I know every word he said was true, he and Papa just want me to be happy, and Leonel does make me happy.

“Thank you Daddy, I think that's what I really needed to hear right now. I need to know that I'm doing the right thing, because although people say you won't always need your parents permission, it feels a hell of a lot better knowing that you do have it. It makes me feel as if everything I've gone through is for this moment. I've seen and felt pain, and it gives me the advantage to knowing what happiness is, and my experience tells me I'm really ready to settle down with Leonel and make a family.” Daddy smiles at me before backing up to the door. His hand rest on the doorknob as if he is going to leave, but he turns to call over his shoulder to me.

“Your answer proves to me that you are ready for this. I'm so proud of you, Baby. I'm hoping that everything goes well for the two of you, and that we will see the two of you sooner rather than later.” Daddy throws me an air kiss before opening the door and walking out. His words warm my heart, and I know that somehow we'll figure this out, because even if the king isn't willing to give up his warrior General, he realizes the importance of mates, and he wouldn't - hopefully - put anyone through that kind of pain. I can only hope the King has enough hope in his heart to give the both of us.