Chapter Six

"What the fuck is your problem? First you tell him he is a wimp because he tells us he is injured, then he hides an injury this bad from us because he was scared of being judged by you, and now that you found out he did hide his injury from us you're all pissed because he lied to us! You need to make up your mind, Rian, or stay away from my pups!"I hear Papa growl through the room. I stay quiet and keep my eyes closed. I don't want anyone to know I am awake, I want to know what Uncle Rian will say. Would he be willing to leave us so willingly, or would he fight to be in our lives?

"I thought he needed someone to be hard on him. After you all found out that he remembered his childhood, you treated as if he was a fragile being that could break at any second. I watched, and somewhere deep inside of me I felt for him, no one should have to rememeber those kind of things." Uncle Rian sighed and I could imagine him rubbing one of his hands down his face.

"Then what changed?" Papa asked quietly as he listened to his brother - for what must be the first tike in a long timw - speak about his feelings.

"I remembered what happened with Cassie. We let Charles decide what he wanted to do with his life. We let off the reigns, and he completely destroyed all the trust that he had built up with the pack in the short time he had been with them. I thought that since Charles wasn't able to hurt my child, that maybe if we let Ashton of off his reigns and let him do what he wanted, that Cassie might not make it out this time." The room is quiet for a few minutes, both men quiet as they think of what they have spoken.

"I thought I was saving my family, but I was only slowly destroying it. I'm sorry, Riley. I love you, and Charles, and Ashton, but sometimes I fear too much that something I can't change will hurt our family, and I don't want to lose anyone else after we lost Dad." My heart picked up speed when I heard that he loved me. I always looked up to Uncle Rian when I was younger, and do know that he still loves me, is a big step for me to continue getting better.

"Just to let you know, I still love you too, Uncle Rian." Papa and Uncle Rian's heads snap over to me in shock before they smooth out into almost identical smiles.

"Are you feeling better?" Uncle Rian asks as he changes the subject quickly from what we were just discussing. I let it go since I know he isn't a big emotional type of guy.

"I feel better, did they give me medicine?" Papa nods as he stands up and leans over me, placing a small kiss on my forehead.

"They have you some heavy dose painkillers since they barely work on us. They said you habe to take them every two hours to elevate the pain enough so you can actually function. They also sais that you wouldn't be able to fully heal for another few days, so that means you are coming ti stay with me amd Daddy so we can keep an eye on you and make sure you are taking all of your medicine." I groan as my head flops back into my pillow. Daddy is going to be all said because I didn't feel like I could tell him about my injury.

"Fine, I feel sleepy though, so I'm going to get some more sleep." Papa seems to hesitate but nods anyways. He kisses my forehead again before walking, waiting at the door for Uncle Rian, who nods his head at me in parting, before they both leave.

I sigh into the quiet room. These next few days are going to be hectic if today itself is any consolation.