chapter 7

a/n : obviously [Name] has {h|c} hair and {s|c} skin, but since she is a Sheikah i gave her red eyes. hope you don't mind that ~

also TW: mentions of the word r***

Fi had assured [Name] that Ghirahim couldn't kill her, or harm her in any physical way. That was the abiding rule that could not be broken, which came into effect when [Name] had healed his fragmented body. That seemingly trivial gesture had sealed a contract between them, though neither were aware (or approved).

Link took the opportunity to point his sword at Ghirahim, despite recognizing that even Midna grew wary at the sight of the Demon Lord. This time, Fi defended Demise's loyal servant.

"Master Link, a message from Her Grace has awakened from within me:

"'O youth who bears the Triforce of Courage, the role you are destined to play is not to carry over the past grudges of your predecessors, but to cleanse the realm of its corrupted Twilight.'

"Although... It seems my position is already being filled. Midna - or, do you prefer more respectful honorifics?" Fi questioned, and the imp was quick to respond:

"Just Midna!"

"Midna... Since you've already gifted your guidance to Master Link, I see no reason to offer my assistance as well. It seems that my role is to address the newly formed contract between [Name] and Ghirahim. Apologies, Master. It took a while to analyze the situation."

•   

And so, Fi decided to temporarily reside in Demise's sword. [Name] was obviously forgiving of that, considering how much she dreaded the Demon Lord's company.

It was nighttime now. [Name] had checked in to a cheap Castle Town inn, as to avoid the interrogation Telma would inevitably give her should she return to the bar with two strange sword spirits. (Not to mention, the massive sword would also raise a lot of questions.)

She sighed, pinching strands of her {h|c}-colored hair. Her arms were crossed, and she was sitting with a grumpy look on one of the two beds in the room. Despite the fact that a servant could not kill their master, she still felt uneasy. Ghirahim was in some kind of healing process and couldn't leave her side until he was restored to his full strength. As a sword spirit, he fed off her magic energy, but he was ruthless with the amounts he took and often left her exhausted.

"[Name], your heartbeat has drastically increased," Fi noted.

"What if Ghirahim r*pes me in my sleep??" The Sheikah girl yelled, jabbing her thumb at the Demon Lord. The latter was staring out the window, an uptight expression on his face. He was murmuring to himself about how "ugly" the townspeople looked.

"I am incapable of pinpointing the exact sensations you would experience if Ghirahim were to assault you. However, I can confirm that it is impossible for him to impregnate you," Fi stated.

"I didn't mean literally..." [Name] grumbled, before turning to the white-haired man. He was glaring at Fi.

"How repulsive. To even imagine touching that thing's filthy skin unsettles my kettle!"

She rolled her eyes, leaning further against the bed frame. "I have a name, ya know! I'm [Name]!"

"Even the sound of your name gives me a horrendous headache. Isn't there anything tolerable about you??"

Ignoring him, [Name] stood up and draped a shawl over her shoulders. "I'm going to get food." She laid her hand on the doorknob, however as she turned it, Ghirahim spoke again.

"You aren't permitted to leave till I've finished... healing..." His nose twitched at that last word, as he desperately tried to keep his pride.

"As if I'd actually stay for you! Food comes before anything!" she declared. Ghirahim scoffed and turned his head to the side.

"I've contemplated the reasoning behind you being selected as the new master of this sword... It makes sense now."

"Huh?" [Name] raised an eyebrow in confusion, subconsciously tilting her head a bit.

"You... must be a member of the Yiga."

The female's eyes flashed open upon hearing that name - Yiga - but she quickly masked her stunned stupor with an irritated twitch of her eye.

"Am I mistaken?" Ghirahim asked, but regardless of what she'd say, her initial surprised reaction didn't go unnoticed. It was obvious that she was familiar with the term defining the black sheep of her race.

"Yeah, you are! Don't accuse me of being a traitor to my people!" She fumed, before yanking open the door. "I'm getting food," she muttered and shut it behind her. Moments of silence passed by, and Ghirahim realized it'd be much more interesting to rummage through [Name]'s things than to stare outside.

There wasn't much - a torn-up satchel, some stray rupees, and two books. ...One of which happened to be a journal. Boredly, he flipped through it. Most entries were about how lonely she was without anyone her age at the Hidden Village, blah blah blah... Nothing really interested him. Until:

May 24

Yesterday I stole all of the cucco eggs from Hena's business rival Falbi's cucco hut.

I cooked one for breakfast this morning.

But then it dropped on my foot.

My foot's clean though, so I thought, "Eh, still good."

And then I dropped it AGAIN and the yolk exploded!!

After that I discovered it wasn't even cooked all the way through.

My foot protected me from salmonella.

Thank you, foot.

- [Name]

"Perhaps I was mistaken. I couldn't imagine this feckless child to be one of them..." Ghirahim rolled his eyes at how incompetent he perceived [Name] to be. And, as if on cue, the {h|c}-haired female burst into the room, her red eyes narrowed. The sword spirit calmly slid the diary back into the pile of her other belongings.

"I forgot you tore up my satchel," she grumbled, walking over to the edge of her bed and grabbing all the rupees she could find. In total, she only had twelve. That was enough for just a small baguette or a few pieces of fruit.

Ghirahim watched out of the corner of his eye as a brief look of dejection crossed her face. However just as quickly as it had appeared, it faded away into a frown.

"Hoookay, I'll come back with wildberries!" she promised, then disappeared outside again.

a/n : WAOHAAaa lil botw reference

that game burns a hole in my heart *^*

i've only fought a couple of the yiga clansmen so i don't know their entire history quite yet, but let's pretend they've been around since the 1st ganondorf?? (the era of the hero of time)