chapter 46

a/n

laito sakamaki and jack splatter.

tell me they're not the same person

"Ruin me," Ghirahim welcomed, raising both arms as he basked in this attention. He then motioned for [Name] to advance. "If only I don't obliterate you first."

The Yiga shot forward, thrusting her windcleaver toward the demon's stomach. With only a simple stride he was able to dodge -- taking care not to underestimate her, but also to appear cool and collected.

Ghirahim tried not to use his own sword much, instead utilizing similar techniques to his first battle with the skyrat Link; he'd catch her windcleaver whenever it came close to him, and yank it out of her grasp.

Although, her vigor seemed to have strengthened considerably, as she always was able to win these games of tug-o-war.

...Until one moment, where he caught her off guard and forcibly jerked the blade away.

[Name]'s eyes shot open then, though fortunately her true expressions were hidden behind her mask. Ghirahim smirked to himself as he spun the sword around, before aiming it at her.

With ease, the windcleaver came crashing down near her face. He remained wary of his own actions, careful not to harm her. His goal, after all, was only to remove the mask. However her arms came flying up to shield herself, wrists crossing as the sword's impact landed on her armored forearms.

While she wasn't physically injured, the collision sent her slewing backward. She lowered her hands for just a moment. Ghirahim took the chance to strike again, not sparing her a moment to catch her breath.

It worked this time.
As the sharp cracks ran through the Eye of the Yiga, he lowered the windcleaver.

He didn't know what he was expecting.

When the mask's fragments crumbled to the ground, they revealed the {s|c} chin and cheeks belonging to his beloved, and those soft lips he longed to kiss, and finally her usually bright {e|c} eyes that seemed to be hollowed away now.

The fact that this turned out to truly be [Name] left an agonizing sting in his chest. He felt betrayed now. Just when he thought his emotions had fully hardened up, his mind exploded again. This was driving him insane.

But [Name]'s voice still had lowered to a husky growl, evident when she spat out: "Get the hell away from me, pig!"

The loss of her windcleaver didn't dissuade her in the slightest. She swung her leg around, slamming a kick to his side. Although he lost his balance for a moment, he quickly teleported to her side before he could tumble to the ground. His hands clutched her shoulders; his body a bit too close to hers for comfort.

"You're a ravager," she snarled. "Ill-bred cur."

"It's wonderful you understand," he spoke, voice darkening with every word that rolled off his tongue. Seeing [Name]'s face might have caught him off guard for a moment, but he easily picked himself back up. He wouldn't believe her lies any longer. He spent four years succumbing to this--she was an incredible hazard. Nothing more.

"You're a threat I can't have running about," he stated, then raised her windcleaver once more. With one hand clenching her shoulder, keeping her in place, it'd be impossible to miss this attack. The muscles in [Name]'s jaw tightened, and, if only for a moment, Ghirahim swore he saw her avert her gaze.

"Did you even love her?" Her voice rang out, now back to her usual tone.

Ghirahim's eyes flashed open. He stepped backward. His grasp on her shoulder remained in place, but the hand clutching the windcleaver trembled a little.

"I thought you'd be of use to me..." [Name] continued. She grimaced. "You weren't supposed to... Urghh!!"

She suddenly teleported to the side, away from the demon's grasp. He was still a bit dumbfounded and allowed her to do as she pleased. When her face had contorted into a menacing scowl, he simply stared out into space.

"[Name].." he whispered, stepping forward again. It might've been his instincts as a servant taking over, but is first thought was I can still be of use... He felt disappointed in himself, somehow, that he wasn't able to live up to his master's expectations.

This isn't your master, fool, his conscience reminded him. He's been lied to, again and again...

"Tell me, how is the world in the future, under Lord Ganondorf's reign?"

And upon hearing that question, Ghirahim's initial suspicions were backed up even further. Besides [Name], only one other in this era would be aware of their Gate of Time voyages.

Only [Mother] would ask such a question, as [Name] had been visibly tormented after the events regarding the new king's seizure of Hyrule Castle. ...Unless, that was an act, as well. He decided against believing that. Just for now-- he'd cling to that tiny flame of hope.

"..." A soft sigh escaped Ghirahim's lips. "You're diabolical... [Mother]."

"Ho, so you figured it out? I had hoped to keep this a secret a little longer... My mistake." She cracked a grin. "'Diabolical,' you say... How ironic coming from you."

"Where is [Name]?"

"Where I should be now."

The Demon Lord hissed, gaze falling to the dismembered head belonging to [Mother]'s true body. The only reasonable explanation he could think of was that using some Yiga technique, [Mother] transferred herself into [Name]'s body before her death.

...Which meant [Name] died in her place.

"Is the father still alive as well?"

"No," [Mother] laughed, pumping out a hysteric array of giggles from the bottom of her chest. "That old man implemented the last of his power into this bodyーI wonder if he knew I was the one in control?"

A parting gift of power... meant for [Name]. Which would explain the increased fortitude and agility [Mother] had displayed. But that was meaningless to him now, since the girl it was intended for was trapped in an eternal slumber.

"He must have," [Mother] shrugged, still rambling to herself. "I can say for a fact neither of us really cared for that thing."

Ghirahim found it hard to listen to her words when she spoke using [Name]'s voice.

"You know what?" Her tone elevated, and the demon perked up again. [Mother] grinned, boasting off [Name]'s pink lips and pearly teeth. "I've decided you can still be useful to me."

She grabbed his arm, grasping onto him as if she were a clingy girlfriend. If this were [Name], he wouldn't have minded, but... Now this was repulsive. He tore his limb from her hold.

"You expect me to serve you?" He was appalled.

"I know you will," [Mother] responded. "Don't forget that this body is still registered as your master. But unlike my idiot daughter... I know how to control you."

Ghirahim growled. "What a bluff!" he yelled, swinging the windcleaver down once again. She dodged, giggling to herself. It should be impossible for [Mother] to even know about the contract between them.

"Believe what you want," she cackled. "But I'll rise up in the end, undoubtedly."

a/n

THE HOLY ANGELS FROM ABOVE HAVE SUNG TO ME

I HAVE BEEN INFORMED

THAT A CODE: REALIZE ANIME IS AIRING IN OCTOBER

YESSSHH

oh and

[MOTHER] IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER TO WRITE HOLY SHIT

I HATE HER SO FUCKIG MUCH I LOVE IT