chapter 47

Before Ghirahim had a chance to teleport away, the darkness of the Hidden Village vanished. It didn't take him long to realize [Mother] had teleported both of them somewhere, and when light flooded his vision again -- he was greeted by the shriveled landscape of the Gerudo Desert.

The only deduction he could pull from their being here was that she was leading him to the Gate of Time. But they both saw it-- it had crumbled. He'd gone back there, of course, during the four years he had to himself, but it had been removed. As far as he knew, it'd been completely destroyed.

"Hurry along, doggy," [Mother] gave him a new nickname, much to his chagrin. Since he had dozed out to stare at the desert, she tugged at his arm, leading him in some direction. He was no stranger to this desertーhaving traveled across this Hyrule for four yearsーso wherever she was leading him was beyond him. There was nothing here that could be of use to her.

"Watch your tongue, swine," he shot back, irritated by the term she used. Her smirk never faltered, and her hand traveled down to his. She interlaced their fingers, before slinging her other arm behind his neck. She leaned up to him, her face mere centimeters away from his. He could feel her breath tickling his lips.

He resisted the urge to moan out [Name]'s name, as he once again came to the painful realization that his lover was no more.

"Don't speak so vulgar with me," she murmured, her syrupy voice dripping with a feigned sweetness. "We're going to be very close now... You're stuck with me till the end."

"Till your end," he corrected. He only had to endure this until [Mother] diedーerr, till [Name] died... And then he'd be set free. He wondered then, if he hadn't met [Name], what he planned to do with his life once he escaped his confinements within the Twilight Realm. He couldn't remember.

"Till my end," she agreed, then leaned up to press her lips against his. Ghirahim immediately stiffened, before he stepped away from her. That kiss brought him back to consciousness. He could teleport away; he didn't have to stand compliant to this woman's orders.

He moved away, glancing at his surroundings-- when he realized at some point, they had stepped into a fortress of sorts. All around them, there were Yiga running amok. He recognized blademasters walking around, as well as footsoldiers, and other uniformed clan members. Regardless of the outfits they wore, they were all linked by their masks - which bore the chilling Eye of the Yiga carved in red.

Ghirahim had roamed the Gerudo Desert countless times, and never had he once seen this fortress here. His confusion seemed to be apparent on his face, as [Mother] chuckled suddenly.

"Confused~?" she purred, fully encircling her arms over him. He swung the windcleaver around, successfully shrugging her off him. She only chuckled. "This base is protected by the Eye of the Yiga. Outsiders can't see, nor access this place without our assistance."

Ghirahim only grunted. How he yearned to crush this woman's frameーregardless of whether this girl once sparked fireworks in his heart or not, she was now a lying maniac. Her life meant nothing now... since it was already lost.

"Our leader wishes to speak with you."

...Was this planned?

[Name]'s arrival, along with his? He hadn't seen [Mother] in four years-- how could she possibly have planned this? How could she know about Ganon's reign in the future, about Ghirahim's role as a servant...? Where were the heads of her own body, along with [Father]'s? Weren't they the main target of her mission? It didn't make sense. Nothing made sense.

She was crazy. That's all he could infer.

Curiosity getting the better of him, Ghirahim decided against fighting [Mother] and instead followed her through this Yiga labyrinth.