chapter 11

Ghirahim set [Name] on her feet after he had teleported to Hyrule Field. She was shaken up over the entire ordeal; having seen her friends wounded, possibly dead, and she couldn't stop worrying. At least Ghirahim was no longer a threat to them - and there were more than enough soldiers to tend to them, or call Dr. Borville.

But she was confused as to why Ghirahim brought her with him.

She pursed her lips as she stared at the Demon Lord.

"Why are we here?" She called, glaring up at him. He heavily exhaled.

"It's infuriating to admit, but my strength moulds to your state of being."

[Name] quirked a brow, causing Ghirahim to let out an exasperated sigh.

"Meaning, if you're injured, I'm... inconveniently less capable than usual." He scowled, not having the courage to look her in the eye as he spoke. A smug grin crossed her lips.

"Then--" She started, but cut herself off, as a horrible realization dawned on her. The whole reason she left the Hidden Village in the first place was to stock up on supplies for Impaz.

"What?" The Demon Lord questioned.

[Name] held up a calm façade, but was internally freaking out. Impaz was depending on her for food, but she couldn't bring Ghirahim along - else she'd betray her responsibility of guarding the village.

Meanwhile, he was growing visibly annoyed when he received no answer.

"Ghirahim," she spoke with a fierce sense of authority. He quirked a brow - or, where his eyebrow should be. He had none. He stood in front of her expectantly.

"I have to do something, privately," she added quickly, emphasizing the latter word to make sure he understood. Which he did... but also got offended.

"Are you embarrassed by me?" He asked, calmly, but his words came with a biting edge. "Or perhaps you're afraid I'll devour everyone in sight?"

The change in his tone of voice made her uneasy. She backed away, causing Ghirahim to erupt into a fit of complaints. He screeched about how much of an ungrateful master he had for not appreciating the work he does, and how exasperating she was for not recognizing his... "devilish needs."

To escape his irritating rants, [Name] decided to run away. Not literally; she, being a Sheikah, was a master in the art of vanishing. She pulled a deku nut from her pocket, and slammed it on the ground. In the instant that a shrill pop sounded, she teleported away, leaving behind only dust and the faint scent that she naturally carried.

...And also a very confused Ghirahim.

a/n

i keep meaning to make em kiss but this kind of inspired a whole chunk of origin story with reader-chan/midna/zant/ghirahim and turned into a haven for headcanons