chapter 43

[Name]'s heart pounded in her chest. No matter how terrible a person could be, seeing a human's head get chopped off was still shocking. She tried convincing herself this was the way it had to be... And yet, she wished her father at least could've lived.

One of the Yiga executioners spun around then, turning to face the young Sheikah female. Their eyes drifted from her to Ghirahim, before nodding to their companions. Three windcleavers were aimed at the two.

"Your execution will also be in order, both of you," one spoke. Through her heartache, [Name] glared, unsheathing her own sword. Maybe her parents went down... but she would not.

"You were not assigned to kill us," she stated matter-of-factly, her tone surprisingly even.

"We were assigned to kill [Mother] and [Father] [Surname], and whomever was foolish enough to concern themselves with those rats."

As means to protect intel, anyone acquainted with an ex-Yiga must also be executed. [Name] kept her tongue sharp.

"I didn't really have a say in who my par—"

"Save it. Smartass comments won't save you now."

A scowl crept onto [Name]'s face as she clashed her sword with the blademaster—however it quickly disappeared, as the other three weren't about to wait around. She was no match for the four armored Yiga, whose specialties lied in seizure and execution.

Recognizing the fact that her efforts would be largely in vain, she withdrew, opting to dart outside the building. She glanced back only for a moment, to see Ghirahim standing between her and the Yiga.

"My, is it my turn already~?" He purred, his narrow Demon Tribe sword in hand. [Name] crossed her arms.

"We can't interfere with the past, dumbass!" She yelled, imitating him. He lazily rolled his eyes, all the while maintaining his stupid smile.

"But we can have a little fun~" Ghirahim's sword collided with one windcleaver, while he caught another in his gloved hand. He then kicked the other two blademasters to the ground. Certainly not content with just standing around, [Name] decided to join in.

She took on one of the collapsed Yiga first, slashing at their crimson armor. When she finally managed to pierce through their skin, they grunted, and teleported away — abandoning their three comrades.

When she whirled around to face Ghirahim and the others, she was surprised to see two corpses on the ground. Whereas her opponent had escaped, he wouldn't spare them any mercy. The final blademaster, recognizing that they had no chance if their companions were unable to succeed, escaped as well. They left behind nothing but fluttering sealing tags in their wake.

[Name] turned her head toward Ghirahim, before gaping. In the distance, she could see the toddler-aged [Name] approach, groggily rubbing an eye.

"Papa... Why so noisy..?" she murmured. Without thinking, the adult Sheikah rushed forward, scooping the young child up and blocking her from viewing anything inside the shed. "Oh, Mae-rocket... Where's Papa?"

"Everything's fine," the woman cooed, stroking the child's short tufts of {h|c} hair.

"Okay, but... where's Papa?"

"He's safe, don't worry."

"What about him?" The child motioned to Ghirahim, whose ears perked up at the mention of "him." He cleared his throat.

"Oh, he's..." [Name] trailed off, not exactly knowing what to say about the demon.

"One day you're going to be in love with me!" He declared with an arrogant flair, flipping his soft white locks. The Sheikah woman deadpanned.