bravado

Link had gone off to save the world. Since the Ancient Sky Book and Dominion Rod were given back to him, he traveled to the heavens before returning to purge both Zant and Ganondorf.

Princess Zelda still lived, much to [Name]'s relief, and reclaimed her throne. With an era of peace restored, she became much more nagging, reminding Ghirahim not to eat little children or murder the elders. For the most part, he was able to keep his cravings in check, as he had a lover, after all, to appease his desires.

They'd decided to destroy the Gate of Time before anyone else could mess up history. Standing before the time machine, two bombs in hand, [Name] hurled them forward. She then backed away, watching as the explosives blew the Gate into millions of pieces. She shielded her face as debris fell from the sky, leaving behind no way of restoring it now.

No more, she grinned to herself. She'd be seeing no more on [Mother], or Bulblinーit'd all finally come to a cease.

"If we'd like to make in time for Ashei's wedding, I'd say we should head back to get ready," Ghirahim said, and [Name] tore her gaze away from the fragmented Gate. The Sheikah almost topped over in surprise.

"Wah, I forgot about that!" she cried. She was in no attire to attend a wedding, especially one where she was tasked as the maid of honor. Without a second to spare, she teleported both her and her lover to their shared house.

A few months after returning from the past, they'd decided to move out. Although they still had yet to marry, they were more than happy with this new privacy. Namely Ghirahim. Ever since Telma had stumbled upon them, [Name] refused to engage in any more ~spicy~ activities, so he definitely cherished this time to themselves.

Back at their house, [Name] quickly threw on her sky blue dress. Matching with the theme of Ashei's choice, she really didn't have a say in the outfit she woreーnot that she minded. This wasn't her wedding after all.

Ghirahim, on the other hand, wasn't having it.

"You'd look better in red," he commented, as he leaned against the wall. The dress reached her knees, skirt fluttering outward while her lantern sleeves cut off at her elbows. "Your eyes don't match with that color, and Lord Demise, don't get me started on your ratty hair!"

Offended, [Name] jabbed her nose in the air. "No matter what I wear, I'll always be prettier than you!"

"I'm not swayed by your indignity," he declared, before walking over to her. Picking up a brush, he began to comb through her {h|c} locks. She only grumbled and stared at him through their mirror as he worked his magic, whipping up the most extravagant hairstyle he could manage.

[Name] was a bit dubious as he worked in curls and twirls, as she was well aware of how passionate her lover could get over appearances and she didn't want his work to steal attention away from Ashei.

"Don't make it too noticeable..." she told him, and he only sneered. She narrowed her eyes, warning, "Ghira."

"Fine," he rolled his eyes, and then moved in front of her, blocking her view from the mirror. "I don't want you to see it."

With his chest practically pressing against her face, her cheeks reddened. She couldn't tell if it was from the close contact or from the heat emitting from his form, but either way she decided to just close her eyes until this was over with.

When he finally pulled away, admiring his work, [Name] almost choked on her spit. As someone who considered a simple braid 'sophisticated,' she was amazed at the intricate twists Ghirahim had dealt to her hair.

"...Whoa..."

Satisfied with the lights glowing in her eyes, the Demon Lord released a triumphant hum and then entered the bathroom. "I'll only take a few minutes to get ready," he told her, and the door shut.

...[Name] waited a few minutes... Then an hour.

"Ghira! We're late!" she yelled.

"Leave me alone! I'm trying to work!"

...And another hour. Huffing to herself, she scowled, and banged on the door.

"I'm leaving you!"

"Wait, I'm ready," he called, and swung the door open. [Name] was expecting some kind of lavish suit or something, but... Nothing had changed..? He still wore his cloak, and white diamond outfit, with no difference to his hairstyle.

"...What?"

...And then it hit her. Like a tidal wave, an intense banana fragrance suddenly crashed over her, filling her nostrils with the scent of her favorite obsession.

"Oh, goddesses," she cursed under her breath. While Ghirahim had to bite back on his thirst for bloodshed, he certainly found other ways to torture her.

Ashei's groom was none other than Shad, and when they first revealed their relationship [Name] had burst into tears. Now was no different. She stood at Ashei's side, watching them exchange their vows while she held back the urge to sniffle.

"Why do you keep crying?" Ghirahim muttered, not taking his eyes off the newlyweds. His lover clenched her fists.

"My two favorite people are getting married..!"

He never whipped his head around so fast. "Excuse me? Who am I, if not your favorite?"

"Eh... You're somewhere up there," she shrugged. The demon grumbled to himself, fingers twitching.

"How fortunate I despise you less than everyone else."

・ 

Once the vows were exchanged, and Ashei tossed her bouquet, Telma was the one to catch it. She winked over at Renaldo, who wore a polite façade while his stomach churned in distress.

...However, Ghirahim then rushed forward, snatching the flowers away from her. "You've passed your prime, old hag! This is mine!" he snapped. [Name] tensed up, before facepalming. It was rare for her lover not to stir up inconveniences for other guests, especially at public events like these.

Still, she forced out a smile when her lover approached her, after swiftly avoiding getting strangled by Telma.

"Seems as though you owe me a ring, love," he remarked, and pressed the bouquet into her hands. "Preferably made of gold, with a ruby embedded in the center."

"Ha, I can barely afford to feed myself, let alone buy a ring," she responded, gently pulling a silent princess from the bouquet. She slid it behind Ghirahim's ear, before leaning up to brush her lips against his.

She'd been longing to do this all day, ever since he somehow lathered himself in a banana fragrance.

And she truly must admitーthe flavor was rather accurate as well.