chapter 30

a/n :
Author-chan is an uncreative twat and has no more zelda questions egh

(*'Д`*)

but i added a couple references this chapter instead :D

"So... You're the one who calls herself master of that demon." Ganondorf's thick and husky voice spoke out, echoing against the marble halls.

[Name] sat in front of him, wrists bound by some fiery rope. It burned whenever she moved so she was careful to keep entirely still. Regardless of the searing pain that shot through her wrists at every twitch, she felt strangely happy about this.

She had willingly turned herself in. And yet, they still deemed it necessary to tie her. She was prideful in that fact; she could be a threat, and as such precautions were taken.

"It's a shame," Ganondorf commented, resting a cheek against his fist. He was a menacing presence atop the throne. "A Yiga such as yourself would have made a fine piece in my game of chess."

"I wouldn't serve you either way," she barked.

"That'd never be up to you to decide." He held out his hand, his palm flat. Before she had a chance to realize what he was doing, numerous shadows shot out. They misted around her, suffocating her beneath the darkness. It felt as if she was inhaling toxic, and the fumes burned her throat.

She coughed. Instinctively she tried lifting a palm to shield her mouth, but the bindings held her back. Her eyes were tiring, her head was fuzzy, and she felt slightly faint. The world appeared to be spinning around her - and not just because of the swirling shadows obscuring her view.

It was when a voice spoke out that her eyes snapped open, trying desperately to peer through the darkness.

"Befitting timing, demon." She could see the vague outline of the King of Thieves, alongside another figure. She squinted through the mist. "Watch as this woman writhes beneath the power of a god."

Upon hearing that statement, [Name] tensed up. She was expecting some other kind of attack, stumbling backward in an attempt to get out of the dark cloud. It moved along with her, like her own personal flurry.

She did notice, however, that this poison smog seemed to have diminished the flames in the ropes around her wrists.

"Of course, Master."

The all-too familiar Demon Lord's voice answered the King, and [Name] scowled. Why was he back? She wanted to feel comforted knowing he returned, but it obviously wasn't for her. She was filled with nothing but... rage.

Snapping into action, fueled by her own fury toward the demon, she ripped apart her bindings. She then dashed away in the direction she assumed to be an exit. If Ganondorf stood between her and the throne, then the escape should be somewhere behind her.

She sensed a presence stride across her path, blocking her from freedom. Peering through the darkness, she noticed this figure was much too thin to be an armored darknut, much less the 'king'. Garbed in oversized robes and possessing spindly limbs, it didn't take long to realize this was Zant.

...And he was without his helm, as well, removed in reverence for his god. Perfect.

[Name] took the chance to throw a punch, pummeling into his nose with as much strength as she could muster. The Twili immediately recoiled. His hand flew up to cradle his injury, stifling a yelp. Once his arm retracted, his chameleon-esque headgear clamped over his head again. He withdrew from the throne room, disappearing into specks of twilight.

The Sheikah huffed. She tore her gaze away for just a moment, to see what Ghirahim was doing, but he was staring right at her. Her eyes locked onto his.

"[Name]..." he started, taking a step forward. In turn, she took one backwards. She spun on her heel to run outside, only threatened when two darknuts stepped over the exit's threshold. She clenched her teeth.

Ganondorf stood from his throne, lifting a hand. The blazing ropes once again manifested, frantically whorling about. They caught both the Sheikah and Demon Lord by the wrists, flames searing their skin.

"Amusing," the King chuckled. The darknuts approached the two, forcing them to their knees. Ghirahim winced at the burning sensation slicing into him, though [Name] kept still, staring at the ground. "Have you betrayed me, demon?"

That sounded familiar.

Ghirahim's head lowered in response, but his silence spoke volumes. The muscles in Ganondorf's jaw tightened as he returned to Princess Zelda's throne. In the hands of a decorative suit of armor rested Demise's sword, perfectly intact and polished now.

He removed it from the ironclad ensemble, raising it skyward. He then began to forcibly pull Ghirahim toward him, attempting to coerce him into the blade.

The demon wanted to agree to this, to allow Master Demise reborn do as he pleased, but he couldn't help but feel that this was entirely wrong. He tried to resist, but the King was merciless.

Even [Name] began to cry out. This affected her, too, Ghirahim had to remember; by attempting to command the Demon Lord, Ganondorf was wrenching apart the lifelong contract that [Name] was affiliated with.

Ghirahim's rheumy eyes glazed over to [Name]'s knuckles, whitened from clenching her fists so hard. As subtly as he could, he telekinetically destroyed the bindings. Her reddened wrists were singed and marred, and emitted a repulsive odor.

Despite the pain, her arms relaxed, and at that Ghirahim felt a bit relieved. He then gave in to Ganondorf, allowing the rest of him to be inhaled into his former master's sword. His eyes shut, losing consciousness within just a few moments.

He'd leave it up to [Name] to decide whether she'd save him or not.

a/n : WHOAAA thirty chapters went by fast!! i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i enjoy writing ♥️  //dork
please excuse any plot holes regarding the time travel lol i cant   write good like that

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH BTW