epilogue

With their mission completed, [Name] and Ghirahim faced the exit of the Hidden Village. The Sheikah turned back for only a moment, to face her younger self, thinking about the times where she flourished in an ignorant bliss.

As they made their way back to the Gate, for the final time, she brought her lover's hand up to her lips. Planting a sweet kiss atop his knuckles, she never once let go of him.

"You're quite needy today," he noted, a suggestive smirk tugging at his lips.

"It's not like you mind it," she grinned, and moved closer to him.

When they arrived back in their era, the sun had risen above Castle Town. The first thing [Name] did was sit Telma down before she opened the bar and asked her why the hell she ever helped [Mother]ーor even trusted her, for that matter.

"What's this all of a sudden?" The Hylian woman questioned, quirking a brow.

"I'm just wondering," [Name] tried to brush it off, but considering how brash she was in her previous query, Telma wasn't swayed. Actually, she used this as a chance to rat out her adoptive daughter.

"And I'm 'just wondering' why you've been hiding that demon in your room."

[Name]'s breath hitched, her entire body freezing up. ...She'd been found out?

Playdumbplaydumbplaydumbplaydumbplaydumb---

"...Come again..?"

Telma chuckled, shaking her head knowingly. "Don't act like you weren't having a sweet, sweet bonding time with him last night."

Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit----

By now, her entire face had reddened to the shade of a ripe tomato, fingers twitching in humiliation that Telma had seen that. She could only imagine Ghirahim's pompous smirk seeing her freak out like this.

All she could manage out was a smile, and her face kind of just remained in an awkward, Hahaha-I-wanna-die expression.

"While that might've been a surprise at first, I realize now that you've always been a good judge of character. As long as this relationship is completely consensual... I believe in second chances."

[Name] forced herself to nod, though the gears and cogs in her head still had momentarily halted from shock. She then stood up from her chair, and retreated to her room to bring out Ghirahim. She'd decided she wanted him to formally introduce himself to Telma, as they'd be knowing each other for a long time.. But...

"I don't want to meet her," Ghirahim immediately rejected. [Name] had explained that Telma was willing to forgive him, but he wouldn't change his mind.

"Come on, she's nothing like [Mother]," the Sheikah insisted. "Besides, if you're going to be living here, you'll be seeing her whether you want to or not."

"We don't have to live here..." He stated, and his lover raised a brow. "Humans don't live very long, so if we want to get married, we should do it... now, preferably."

"W-WHA--?!" Stumbling backward, [Name] smacked her head on the wall behind her. Her mind was scattered by now, spazzing out thanks to all these different emotions. "...We've only been together for a few weeks!" She countered. Ghirahim came closer, and she silently prayed to the goddesses that she wouldn't faint from all this embarrassment.

"I've been loving you for years," he reminded her, and she bit her lip, remembering their time traveling adventures. She could scarcely fathom the four years he spent by himself, as she'd gotten an easy pass through the Gate.

But this still didn't mean she'd get pressured into such a commitment.

...At least, not yet anyways.

Although he wouldn't hide his disappointment, Ghirahim did respect her decision, and stopped nagging her about it. He chose intead to lean down, cradling her head as he offered a gentle peck to her lips.

"I suppose it doesn't matter whether we're lawfully bound or not... I will love you all the same."

Oh, goddess, [Name] didn't deserve such an incredible partner. As cheesy as he was.

Ghirahim did keep his word.

The days flew by, chiming into weeks and months and finally a year had ticked by. Inevitably, he'd run into Telma a few times. While their relationship started off rocky due to her humble, yet fierce attitude and his stubborn vainglory, and they butted heads too many times to count, they'd come to somewhat tolerate the other now.

Ashei and Shad were also surprisingly accepting of [Name]'s choice in a lover. Those two were her main worryーas her childhood friends, the three of them grew up together under the roof of Telma's Bar. She feared they might begrudge Ghirahim for his attack on them long ago... However they were willing to pardon him, as long as he treated [Name] right.

And, of course, Hena was thrilled to hear about her friend's romantic endeavors.

Arguments were unavoidable between the Sheikah and Demon Lord, though Ghirahim never stayed away for too long... He'd always come running back, subtly guilt-tripping her as means to hide his own regret for straining their relationship.

He'd also made certain to keep his bloodlust quieted; with the notion that since he managed to suppress it for thousands of years, just a hundred more should be nothing. Though that only dismayed him, remembering that [Name]'s life wasn't endless. Each day he spent with her grew closer to the day he'd finally lose her...

And so he made a decision not to let their limited time together go to waste. He'd pamper her with affectionate nicknames, explore deeper, more intimate relations with her... And even if they couldn't produce children together, they both were perfectly fine regardless.

His life with [Name] had fully blossomed; he wouldn't trade that for the world.

a/n

yES i ended on a cliche frick yeah

oh but its not completely over

there are two additional endings if you're interested

but you don't have to read both ^^

if you do, bravado comes first, then curtain call

:D