chapter 21

QOTD: First Zelda game you ever played?
►Technically my first one was oot but i just played around in the kokiri forest,, i didn't really get into zelda until i discovered wind waker <3

"I have been given the chance to reunite with my true master," Ghirahim explained. "However, your life is too valuable to simply toss aside. Until I learn every dirty little secret you keep stored in there," he tapped her forehead, "you will remain with me."

[Name] offered a sly grin. "Wrong. You have to stay with me or else you'll be 'inconveniently less capable than usual.'"

Hearing his own quote leave her mouth, he scowled. "I don't care for you in the slightest. I'm after your intel, and nothing more."

Her grin widened. "Your hug suggested otherwise."

He flushed.

"I... don't fancy other hands obtaining this information before me," he said, averting his gaze.

[Name] was a klutz in many, many things, but reading people wasn't one of them. It was obvious now that he detained some sort of attachment to her, despite what he may say, that wasn't just after her knowledge. She pestered further, enjoying this rare side of him.

"Do you like me?"

His flustered expression was immediately wiped off his face and replaced with disgust. She choked back a snort at his grimace. "Lord Demise, no. I would never fall for a lowly Sheikah."

"But you admit you can love?"

"Of course," he rolled his eyes.

"Then, like, do you have a sword fetish?"

"Why would I--" He silenced himself, shutting his eyes and deeply exhaling.

"Have you ever loved someone?"

"No," he dismissed, rather quickly. He was getting irritated by this onslaught of questions. [Name]'s grin widened into a creepy, pressuring smile.

"I couldn't imagine it either, but for someone as old as you I doubt that's true!"

He snapped his head at her. "Excuse me?!" he screeched, curling his fingers as if he were trying to strangle her. "I am not old!"

She shrugged. "Sure you look like you're twenty-five but weren't you born centuries ago?"

He didn't answer, but the fact that she described him as twenty-five calmed him down somewhat. He coughed, rubbing his nose.

"Now then, I have a gift." He reached into a hidden pocket within his cloak, and pulled out something. It wasn't wrapped. [Name] peered down at it, seeing an ancient, leather-bound book. Her eyes widened a fraction.

She wrapped her hands around the Ancient Sky Book, trying to pull it from his grasp. He kept a firm grip.

"I never said it was for you. However, I may be willing to hand it over if you begged."

Her eyebrows furrowed and she immediately let go of the precious relic.

"Beg?"

He offered a sadistic grin.

And so she smiled, eerily pleasant. Before Ghirahim had a chance to be confused at her reaction, which was the complete opposite of what he had in mind, she lifted her leg. She slammed a kick square in his stomach, with such force that he hurled over, releasing a shrill gasp. He cursed as he clutched his abused belly.

Not even [Name] herself expected to lash out like that, but her anger hardly subsided.

"I'll make you beg for mercy," she threatened. Through uneven breaths, he stood, and teleported behind her.

"My, I never expected you of all people to utilize such power~ I suppose you've always been unpredictable. Not that I mind dueling you. I must know everything that deems you eligible to wield me." He kept his voice authoritative, but it was obvious he was still aching.

He gripped her shoulder, dampened by her wet hair.

"Though this rat-infested city makes for a poor arena, don't you agree?"

And he vanished, pulling her along with him.