chapter 19

QOTD: Which Triforce piece would you want?
►POWER

Ghirahim sat, his legs crossed and fingers impatiently drumming against his knee. He wanted to leave, but he was so unfamiliar with the land now and didn't want to be seen getting lost. He was adept at everything; being seen wandering cluelessly would ruin that.

He took it as a personal offense that these crystalline stretches of tranquil waters was known as Lanayru.

Lanayru was desert! Burning, barren, uncomfortably arid.

"Moronic," he muttered. At least this was more relaxing than the hot desert, if he ignored the overpowering stench of fish.

Just by watching over these zoras he learned that their previous queen had been murdered and her son, the heir, was missing. This all delighted him. In his spare time, perhaps, he might go search for this absent zora prince and kill him for sport. He giggled to himself, turning his head to the side to hide his ecstatic face.

"Oh hey!"

He snapped his head in the direction of a young female's voice, somehow expecting to see [Name]. Instead, this girl was actually pretty, when he looked past her body odor. Even the humans carried the fish stench here.

She had dark brown hair styled in tight curls and pulled back in a ponytail, a safari hat shading her ocean blue eyes. He recognized her as [Name]'s friend... Hannah? Hena.

"You're the sword dude," she stated.

"Obviously," Ghirahim scorned.

She continued, only slightly overwhelmed: "I'm Hena."

"I'm aware," he answered. He bid her an uptight expression, but she hardly seemed to care. He did notice her upper lip twitch, however. She tried again at small talk:

"Is [Name] nearby?"

He frowned at the mention of [Name]. She could be dead by now, for all he knew. He refused to let it get to him. This is what he wanted, right? He was being returned to his rightful master.

"No," he said, and it was her turn to frown.

"Oh. Well, if you see her, tell her to stop by!"

"No," he said again. She... didn't know how to react. She just nodded, mouthed an "okay" and rushed past him. She had business with some zora toward the back of the throne room. He rolled his eyes, growing bored once more. His back hunched as he drummed his fingers on his knees again.

He decided to walk around, see if he could piece together where in the Surface's entirety he stood. The fish smell was unbearable by now.

He traveled all throughout the Zora's Domain and Lake Hylia, until he got bored again and decided to sit above the tourist attraction run by Fyer and Falbi. Although Ghirahim would never admit it, he internally wished he could test out the cannon ride. It seemed amusing.

But also quite idiotic; only morons would think of such an idea. He quickly dismissed the desire with a sneer.

Zant appeared then, his body suddenly revealing itself behind Ghirahim. It didn't take long for the demon to notice the Twili; the air he carried was so strong it almost  knocked him off his feet. Not as powerful as Lord Ganondorf's, though, and certainly not as omnipotent as Master Demise's.

"Your pet was in Castle Town," Zant explained. "I've disposed of it."

The demon said nothing. His eyes shut, and he crossed his arms. After a few moments, "Finally."

"Let us return to our god."

And so another twilit portal opened, breathed in the two, then returned them to Hyrule Castle.