chapter 20

a/n : author-chan discovered ghirahim is pronounced "gear-uh-heem" and shes internally crying

HEEM what even

ok bye D,:

QOTD: Ghirahim or Zant?
►...oh.
hhhnnnnghhhh idk

When [Name]'s eyes fluttered open, she was staring at a fan rapidly spinning above her. A cool air rained down on her face, and she shivered. This place was familiar.

She was lying in a futon, which was propped up near the back of the bar. A wall separated her from Telma's customers, but she could easily see the Resistance's table and the kitchen. Telma was washing dishes.

Although Link was missing, the original members looked much better than from when [Name] had last seen them. They were wrapped in gauze, but nothing seemed to pain them anymore.

[Name] grunted as she sat up from her futon. "This is beginning to be a problem," she muttered, noting this to be the third time she'd passed out. She turned her head, seeing a glass of water sitting on the table next to her. She snatched it, taking greedy gulps to quench her parched throat.

Upon setting the glass down, she realized a delicious aroma had wafted into the room. Her mouth watered. Whatever food Telma was making, it smelled amazing.

"[Name]'s up," Auru announced. Hearing her name, she threw off the comforter concealing her frame. Her trousers had torn even more; she felt like they could peel off completely at any moment.

As she walked over to the table, she realized she was limping. Neither leg hurt, yet her pace was slow and tiring.

Noticing this, Ashei offered a weak smile.

"Where's the food?" Was the first question [Name] sputtered out. Shad, Rusl, and Ashei burst into laughter.

"I knew it'd work!" Shad cheered.

"What?" [Name] raised a brow.

Auru sighed, offering a light roll of his eyes. "Shad thought you'd wake up if you smelled banana bread."

[Name] snorted. They knew very well of her love for bananas, which they often used to their benefit. Since they were adolescents, Shad and Ashei would bully her into revealing her crushes or whatever by threatening her banana supply.

Though now, she hasn't had a crush in years and she was skilled in lying; should anyone question her backstory, she had arrays of fabricated histories to back her up. Only Telma knew the truth... but she agreed to keep quiet for the sake of keeping [Name] safe. Having Yiga parents wasn't exactly something you'd want to brag about here.

Telma removed a pan of banana bread from her wood-fired oven, and set it to cool on a slab of stone. [Name]'s eyes glazed dreamily over the treat. She limped over, slicing a piece of the warm loaf.

She pulled up a chair to the table, using a fork to feed herself the sweet bread. She asked through mouthfuls: "What," swallow, "what happened?"

"We don't know, honey," Telma answered. "Link brought you in and left without another word."

"And I'm guessing you don't know where he went?"