chapter 13

[Name] entered the Hidden Village, warily glancing at the various bulblins scattered around. She then burst into a sprint, heading straight for Impaz's house.

On the way, one creature pulled back its bow, and through the corner of her eye she sent it a deathly glare. Almost immediately it recoiled - stepped back, lowered its weapon. She grinned and continued on her way.

She knocked on Impaz's door a few times, before quickly slipping inside.

The elder Sheikah looked at her, red eyes widened.

"Oh, [Name]..!"

Her brown tabby cat leaped off her lap as she stood, wobbling over to her young successor.

"I borrowed some meat and cheese from the bar," the {h|c}-haired girl said, handing over a basket filled with said foods.

"O-Oh, thank you, dear... It's a miracle you can go back and forth so many times without one of those monsters hurting you," the elderly woman sighed, placing the basket on her table. [Name] forced out a crooked smile, wondering if Impaz was questioning her motives.

"W-Well, they aren't the brightest of beasts..." Her smile faltered as she glanced outside. It took a long while to trek across Hyrule, avoiding the fields since she didn't want to deal with Ghirahim. The sun was high up in the sky, meaning it was around noon.

"Listen, ah, Impaz... I'd like to go out again. I might not come back for a while, except to bring groceries."

A wide smile crossed the elder Sheikah's face. She shut her eyes, taking ahold of [Name]'s hands. "That's fine! You're still so young; I want you to live out your life in the world, not cooped up in here."

[Name] offered one final smile before departing. Impaz waved her off, but once she closed the door the younger girl slowed into a leisurely pace. She wasn't at all worried about the bulblins now —

Until she saw Ghirahim speaking to one. She furrowed her brows, trying to see if she was just hallucinating or if the flamboyant demon was in fact there. Cautiously, she approached them, and her breath hitched when the taller male tore his gaze away to view her.

"...How'd you get here?" She asked in a low voice. The bulblin, upon seeing her, yelped and scurried away. Her eyes narrowed. Seeing her infuriated expression caused Ghirahim to smirk.

"You're quite popular within the monster community. Were you aware?"

Ignoring him, [Name] focused on the bulblin, who was inching away from her. It cowered behind a wall. At that point, she lost her calm and lunged at it, furiously shaking its shoulders.

"What did you tell him?!"

It shrugged, its head lolling back and forth. It then turned to its companion. They both shook their heads.

The Demon Lord piped up:
"They were kind enough to inform me of your little scheme.

She exhaled, sending the bulblins deadly glares before turning her attention back to her servant.

"How much do you know?"

He chuckled darkly. "That you threaten them to watch guard, so that under no circumstances can that woman leave her home. That's awfully sadistic for someone like you, don't you agree?"

[Name] shut her eyes, frantically shaking her head.

"How'd you get here?" She asked again, though this time she spoke in a whisper. She didn't want to believe that those worthless bulblins spat out her plans to him.

"It was rather easy, truly. Your scent is so distinct and refreshing. I quite enjoy it."

She stared him down, unsure how to react.

"What..." she started, but he quickly interrupted.

"Now, what enthralls me is why you're unable to let this innocent lady leave her house. Would you care to tell, [Name]~?"

She glanced up, once again facing a dire predicament. If Impaz decided to peer through the window and see her chatting with these monsters, everything she'd done up till now would have been for nothing. She bit her lip.

"...The Ancient Sky Book," she said, finally. He narrowed his eyes.

"What is that?"

"A relic in Impaz's possession. I've scoured through her house while she slept, but I can't find it. She said she's waiting for a 'messenger from the heavens' who she'd gift the book to, so I set a trap for anyone who tries to enter, or escape."

Ghirahim's eyes glazed over her, before he glanced back at the house.

"What information does this book store?"

"I'm not sure, exactly, but I'm hoping it will tell me the location of the Dominion Rod."

Although Ghirahim wore an inexpressive face, it was obvious he had no idea what that was, either. [Name]'s lip twitched.

"Whatever. I can't get it now, so I'll jus--"

"Leave?" He interrupted, striding toward her. She immediately tensed up, alarmed by the closeness.

"That was my plan," she confirmed, attempting to keep her voice even. She couldn't deny that he frightened her, especially after seeing what he did to the Resistance, and all those guards. Even if he couldn't kill her, he was a sadist, and probably viewed her as a mere plaything.

He admitted that her scent was "enjoyable," which should be a compliment, but knowing him [Name] couldn't be so sure.

"I will help you find this Dominion Rod," he said, a small tug of a smirk pulling on his lips. "Simply because I know you are much more than you make yourself out to be, and that is terribly alluring."

a/n

Anyone can betray anyone.

...
omg red queen
HAS ANYONE READ IT ???

Wow , is all I'll say.

since botw came out i havent gone a day without thinking about zelda (a little too obsessed orz")

ok thats a lie i spent a few weeks before botw marathoning the other games as part of a countdown thing

Anyway i randomly picked up red queen after being abandoned at Target cuz i thought it was this alice in wonderland-aesthetic horror novel

i was wrong , but for 2 days i forgot about my whole life so i could read //halp