Chapter 17 : We Can...Together

Jack:

I hurriedly made my way back to Arendelle. As I was nearing the castle, I saw Pitch's Nightmares departing from the premises. I had a quick glance at Pitch's shadow and a figure who seems to be Hans.

Sandy was right. Hans was siding with Pitch.

I tried to run after them but they already disappeared into the shadows.

Damn it! If only I got here sooner.

I looked down and saw Elsa holding Anna in her arms. Kristoff was with them.

"Elsa!!!" I yelled as I rushed towards them. I landed a few paces from where they were standing.

"I'm just gonna go and talk to him. You go bring Anna inside." I heard Elsa tell Kristoff.

"Jack!" She ran towards me and gave me a hug. "Where were you? We were under attack..."

"I know. That's why I'm here." I interrupted her.

"Who was that man, Jack? He had black spiky hair, grey skin, yellowish silver eyes. H-He told me to ask you who he was. Do you know him?" Elsa asked catching her breath. Her eyes, worried, as she looked at me.

Pitch, you evil bastard!

"I know him, alright. His name is Pitch Black." I said in the most serious manner, clutching my fists in anger.

"Pitch Black." Elsa repeated. "How do you know him, Jack?"

"Let's get you inside first. I'll discuss it to all of you later." I replied.

"Okay." She said as she walked with me back to the palace.

Elsa:

As we walked back to the palace, I noticed that Jack had closed fists.

I wonder who this Pitch was that made Jack so angry.

I was somehow scared myself but it seems like Jack was bothered by this Pitch than I was.

"Jack?"

"Yeah?" He responded.

I held his left arm and slid my hands down his clenched fist.

He stopped walking and eased himself as I touched him.

"Sorry." He apologized.

"For what?" I asked.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you this before." Jack paused for a while and cringed a bit. "Remember the dream I had before?"

I nodded.

"It was actually a dream about you and... Uhm- Pitch." He told as he started to clench his fists again.

"Oh." I said softly as remember how Jack tried to hide it from me.

I wanted to scream at him so bad but what happened back then was nothing compared to what just took place.

"Hey, I'm here. It's gonna be okay. You have me. I have you and I'm fine. See? We can just freeze his nasty head off." I chuckled nervously, trying to make him laugh or just even smile.

He smirked at me. "Thanks for trying to make me feel better, Ice Queen."

"Come on. Let's go inside and eat breakfast." I invited.

"Yeah. Then we have some stuff to talk about."

We made our way to the dining hall and found Kristoff alone.

"Where's Anna?" I asked him.

"She's in her room. She said she wanted to be alone." Kristoff worriedly replied.