Chapter 51 : Despair

Elsa:

I was talking to Uncle Thomas about a possible trade between our kingdoms when a commotion broke out behind us.

"Get your hands off my fiancé!" I heard Kristoff shout.

"Excuse me, Uncle Thomas." I lifted up my skirt and rushed over to Anna. "What's going on here?" I asked.

"I don't know! Kristoff here just jumped at us for no apparent reason!" Anna blurted.

"Kristoff?" I turned to him. "Please explain all this."

"I don't need to explain anything! This man right here was obviously making a move on Anna!" Kristoff growled.

"I think that this is a misunderstanding." Philip said standing on his ground. He didn't look threatened. He remained as calm as possible.

"Buddy, calm down." Eugene said. Jack, on the other hand was helping Eugene hold Kristoff back.

"You were talking about marriage and secrets and all that! Anna, what's going on!?" Kristoff growled.

"Oh for crying out loud! We were talking about his wife!" Anna screamed.

"So?! WHAT IF YOU WERE TALKING AB... Wait, his wife??" Kristoff's voice faded.

"Yes Kristoff...His wife." Anna glared at him. Her stare looks like it would pierce through Kristoff's eyes.

Kristoff looked back at Anna in horror and embarrassment. "Anna, I'm sorry." He said reaching out to touch her hand.

"Don't you trust me?" Anna frowned.

"I trust you Anna. I do." Kristoff paused. "It's him I don't trust."

"Uhm... I don't really know you and you don't know me but I just want to tell you that I never made a move on your fiancé. And why would I? I have a wife and an upcoming baby whom I love dearly and Anna loves you." Philip said.

Kristoff took a deep breath and calmed himself down before he spoke up.

"I'm sorry if I misjudged you or anything. I didn't know. I was just being an overprotective fiancé to Anna." Kristoff said to Philip.

"It's alright. Things like these happen." Philip said.

"Anna. I'm sorry. I really am. Please forgive me." Kristoff begged.

Anna sighed deeply and was quiet for a few moments. "I forgive you Kristoff."

"Thank you Anna." Kristoff pecked on her cheek.

I took us a matter of time to realize that the whole ballroom was entirely silent. There was no clattering of utensils or murmurs from the crowd. It was completely silent. The guests were shocked from what just happened - even Punzie, Aunt Primrose and Uncle Thomas.

"Anna. You need to do something." I whispered.

"Oh, right." Anna walked up to the platform, holding Kristoff by the arm. "First of all, I want to apologize for the commotion that just occurred. Things got a little bit out of hand. I... We... are standing here tonight because we have an announcement to make." Anna cleared her throat and looked at Kristoff before she turned back to the crowd.

"We are engaged - Kristoff Bjorgman and I, Princess Anna of Arendelle." She said with a hopeful smile.

The room was immediately filled with voices - soft murmurs, loud chatters. I was among the crowd and could hear what the other royal families were saying.

"He's not a Prince, isn't he?" "A commoner as the Princess' husband? What kind of political trick is that?!" "He's probably after the crown." "He won't stand a chance. Queen Elsa is still reigning Queen." "She's so much better than the Princess." "Quiet! She can hear you!" "Let her hear, so that she may convince her sister to stop this nonsense!"