Chapter 54 : A New Chapter

Anna:

~Flashback~

. . .

"...After the people decide that we are worthy to be part of the royal family, I will interact with the guests. Remember when Kristoff lost it during your party? That's the scene I'm going for. I need you to let Elsa believe that I'm flirting with one of the girls in the room. Then when she confronts me about it, I'll apologize and show her the ring and I'll propose..."

. . .

Before the gathering started, I told Kristoff all about it and we decided to add a few 'details'. I asked Kristoff to meet all of the single girls and set Jack up with whom he deemed worthy.

I won't let some random woman take part of Jack's proposal to Elsa. I want someone worth being jealous of. And that's gonna be a hard task.

~End of Flashback~

"So, have you found one?" I whispered to Kristoff as soon as I got ahold of him.

"Uhuh. Her name's Adrienne, daughter of the Duchess of Pyroth." Kristoff said, pointing to a young, elegant woman. She had chestnut brown hair, slender figure, fair complexion... she was perfect! Well, not as perfect as Elsa though.

I walked over to her thinking of the perfect way to start up a conversation.

"Ahem. Hi! I'm Princess Anna of Arendelle but, you can just call me Anna. You're the daughter of Duchess Arya of Pyroth, right?"

"Yes, I am. My name is Adrienne, Princess Anna." She bowed. "It's an honor to meet you." She wore a smile on her face as she looked back at me.

"And you as well." I smiled. "Uhm... This is gonna be weird but, can I ask you a favor?"

"Of course, Your Highness." She willingly said.

"You see that man over there? The one talking to my sister, Elsa..." I said pointing at Jack.

"Yes, I see him."

"He wants to propose to my sister, and Kristoff and I are helping him out." I paused for a while, thinking if I was doing the right thing. I already started... just get on with it. "He wants Elsa to get all jealous over someone and we choose you to be that someone. Can you do that?"

"I'm not sure, Your Highness." She said. She seemed nervous as she was shaking a bit. "But I will try."

"Thank you so much Adrienne. You're a life saver! I'll see you later!"

I excitedly went back to where Elsa was and Jack gave me a pat on the back as he was about to leave Elsa to her queenly obligations with the guests.

"I'll be signaling you with a pat on the back..." Jack's words echoed in my mind.

I gestured a nod at Kristoff to tell him that Jack already gave off the signal. He hurried over to Jack to casually direct him to Adrienne.

Jack:

"So, ready for your big night?" Kristoff asked.

"Yeah. I'm getting all anxious and excited." I chuckled.

"You're gonna be fine, bud." Kristoff assured. "I'm gonna go talk to Anna for a while. Good luck!"

As Kristoff walked away from me I was shocked that Anna didn't tell him about my plan. I really expected that she would.

I turned around to start looking for a certain girl but I ended up bumping into a young woman with chestnut brown hair.

"I'm sorry. I didn't see you there." I humbly apologized.