Chapter 33 : Fun in the Courtyard

Elsa:

I noticed that Jack was smiling as we headed for the study room. So I decided to ask him what it was he was smiling about.

"What are you thinking about? I can see you smiling, you know?" I intrigued.

"Nothin." He replied. "I'm just happy to have you as my girl." He said with a big smile making my cheeks turn red once more.

I chuckled as I looked at him as we stopped in front of a wooden door with marvelous carved designs. "Here we are."

"Wow. That's a cool door." Jack acclaimed as he brushed his fingers through the design. "I've never seen a door like this."

"Well, it's one of a kind. My father made it. He loves to design things. This was his study room. Then I just made it mine when he passed away." I say with sorrow.

"Don't be sad, Elsa." Jack said holding up my chin. "At least, in here, you can remember the memories you had with him."

"Yeah. At least." I smiled at him as I opened the door.

When we got in, Jack had his eyes on the couch and automatically laid himself down.

"So, what are these papers you're gonna take care of?" He said, pointing his staff to the stack of papers on the desk.

"Some letters from neighboring kingdoms, trading partners and such." I scoffed.

"Heh. You say it like it's not that important." He told me as he sat straight.

"No, I don't." I said in defense. "It's just exhausting to do. Read the papers, write a letter in response. Ugh."

He laughed. I could see that he was amused. "Quit laughing. You try responding to these. It's annoying." I pointed out.

"Okay then. Let's give it a shot, shall we?" Jack chuckled, making his way to the table as I sat down.

Jack rummaged through the letters and randomly reads whatever it was written on it. I answered and reread every single letter until it was almost noon.

Thank God! There's only one more left.

A knock at the door disturbed our work. We directed our attention to it and saw Anna and Kristoff along with Olaf. "You guys ready?" I asked them with enthusiasm.

"Yeah. I can't wait to be with Kristoff's family." Anna squealed. "Oh and by the way, can Olaf come?"

"Uhm..." I muttered. Then Anna looked at me with cute little puppy eyes. "Alright. Go ahead and tag him along. Just make sure you guys don't set him on fire again." I say playfully.

"Oh we won't." Kristoff chuckled. "So, I guess it's time to go?"

"I'll miss you, Elsa." Anna said as she approached me and gave me a tight embrace.

She turned to Jack and threatened him saying, "You take care of my sister. I swear that I will burn you to the ground if something happens to her!"

Jack just had a good laugh. "Of course, I will take care of her, Princess." Then he turned to Kristoff. "Sorry for calling her that."

"No, no. It's fine." Kristoff replied as he shook his head.

"Okay then. Kristoff, take care of Anna as well." I instructed.

"Yes, I will." He replied. "You two have fun."

"Same to you, fellas." Jack answered.

"Good bye." I bid them as they made their way out.